• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro pcs BYOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took a swing thru Fleabay.

Good shape Spirits have gone for $165 recently and anyone can hook one of those up to their existing number for nothing. No tax or activate.

Even for just the next year and half that's a lot of phone for that money.

That's about what I paid for mine After the rebate.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I just took a swing thru Fleabay.

Good shape Spirits have gone for $165 recently and anyone can hook one of those up to their existing number for nothing. No tax or activate.

Even for just the next year and half that's a lot of phone for that money.

That's about what I paid for mine After the rebate.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Just curious, I thought this discussion was about BYOD. Isnt the Lg spirit cdma?:thinking:

Upvote 0
Just curious, I thought this discussion was about BYOD. Isnt the Lg spirit cdma?:thinking:

LG Spirit is CDMA.

BYOD means bring your own device from another carrier.

In this case it will most likely be GSM devices only that will be allowed to be brought to MetroPCS.

Any MetroPCS phones already branded MetroPCS can still be brought in today. This BYOD makes no difference for CDMA devices already on MetroPCS.

Upvote 0
I guess Ocalaflguy picked a random discussion on the forums to tell us about his ebay adventures looking at a metropcs "spirit" phone.. Lol

I was being awnry, trying to point out what i thought that he was posting info that didnt pertain to the original post BYOD discussion. Lol

My other BYOD question is when they refer to an unlocked phone they refering that it has no attached carrier?

Next ? If I insert a soon to be Metro BYOD sim into a still locked At&t phone, will it work but just still have At&t logo ?

Upvote 0
No, not random at all.

But posted here with a reason apparently above Your level of consciousness . :p

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Oh please! explain how YOU were conscious when you posted it in the BYOD discussions forum.:p

Dont get your panties in an uproar little man.

Everybody knows you are a genius on a whole different level of consciousness.

I had two other questions, can you answer them for me oh great one. Lol

damn! I did it again I always seem to p*** off the smart ones, sorry

Upvote 0
I guess Ocalaflguy picked a random discussion on the forums to tell us about his ebay adventures looking at a metropcs "spirit" phone.. Lol

I was being awnry, trying to point out what i thought that he was posting info that didnt pertain to the original post BYOD discussion. Lol

My other BYOD question is when they refer to an unlocked phone they refering that it has no attached carrier?

Next ? If I insert a soon to be Metro BYOD sim into a still locked At&t phone, will it work but just still have At&t logo ?

branded phones an be unlocked but be careful of the phones bands it supports

Upvote 0
Oh please! explain how YOU were conscious when you posted it in the BYOD discussions forum.:p

What part of the happy emoticon did you not see?

Oh. I guess the answer there would be ALL of it. :rolleyes:

Also please don't delude yourself that your smart mouth causes me any concern in the least.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0

Also please don't delude yourself that your smart mouth causes me any concern in the least.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

This is hilarious. its like watching Romeo and Juliet starring Leonardo DiCaprio. they wanna kill each but they speak in such a subtle manner..... only this time im reading it

Upvote 0

Next ? If I insert a soon to be Metro BYOD sim into a still locked At&t phone, will it work but just still have At&t logo
?
Ok any phone that is branded t mobile will work with any carrier that runs on t mobile towers, Usually. Same goes for Att. When you put a sim, say from t mobile into a locked att phone a screen will pop up saying sim card locked, enter unlock code. and until you can enter that code the phone will not work on that network.

First, what he was saying is the byod is not always the best option.... If you have to buy a gsm phone. Since most on Metro will already have cdma phones and the cdma is not going away for about 2 years you can pick up a good spec'd phone cheap probably because all the new gsm adopters will be selling off their old phones and flooding the market. Now if you already own the gsm phone thats another story completely.

Upvote 0
the new introduction into the Galaxy linedup its going to be a beast!! looks like its coming to At&t

5" 1080p display (441ppi) Better than iPhone5 (336 ppi)
1.9GHz quad-core processor
RAM: 2GB
16GB of storage
8MP back camera and 2MP front facing camera
Full 1080p recording
certified for water and dust protection. up-to 30 minutes
Air Gestures
IR remote control

Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Emerges from the Rumour Swamp

Upvote 0

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I put a smile face too and a LOL. Just trying to tease a little. I went overboard I guess.

Just tried to stir things up a little. No harm:):):):):):):)

Upvote 0
First, what he was saying is the byod is not always the best option.... If you have to buy a gsm phone. Since most on Metro will already have cdma phones and the cdma is not going away for about 2 years you can pick up a good spec'd phone cheap probably because all the new gsm adopters will be selling off their old phones and flooding the market. Now if you already own the gsm phone thats another story completely.

Perzactimondo! <Clap!Clap!Clap!>

The unspoken thoughts were that unless you have 5-6 large burning a hole in your thong pocket that when you can get a decent shape Spirit for $165 that will be fine for about another year + half, it almost doesn't matter What the BYOD deals (for less than Top Shelf units) are, None of them are better than the Spirit for that money.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
the new introduction into the Galaxy linedup its going to be a beast!! looks like its coming to At&t

5" 1080p display (441ppi) Better than iPhone5 (336 ppi)
1.9GHz quad-core processor
RAM: 2GB
16GB of storage
8MP back camera and 2MP front facing camera
Full 1080p recording
certified for water and dust protection. up-to 30 minutes
Air Gestures
IR remote control

Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Emerges from the Rumour Swamp

the camera is cut down from 13 to 8, teh screen is changed from samoled hd to lcs. other than that its the s4, just ruggedized.

the issue most will face is att's devices dont use all the bands tmo does so you could be stuck on 2g if you arent careful abotu what devices you snag up

Upvote 0
What about a nice tmobile used galaxy s2 I seen them for $180 I think that will make sense to bring over to be use on byod
There is one problem with the S2, For a metro customer No LTE.
If it wasnt for that it would be perfect great specs and price that is hard to beat, hell HSN even has it +case and charger for $199, 5 payments of $40 or so.

Hopefully metro will do a better job with their BYOD program than Net10 does... Their system is terrible, tried to setup a phone for my girlfriend and it was a giant pile headaches, i will never do that again...
I think the problem with net10 is the apn, I had no trouble setting up a att galaxy note for my dad on net 10. I created an apn with the info they provided when I registered the account and it works no problem.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
There is one problem with the S2, For a metro customer No LTE.
If it wasnt for that it would be perfect great specs and price that is hard to beat, hell HSN even has it +case and charger for $199, 5 payments of $40 or so.

True forgot about that I guess for my mom will be fine hspa in Tampa still decent

I think the problem with net10 is the apn, I had no trouble setting up a att galaxy note for my dad on net 10. I created an apn with the info they provided when I registered the account and it works no problem.

I saw one. On HSN. It there todays special value. Galaxy S2 Brand New for $200.00. Samsung Galaxy SII No-Contract Android 4.0 Smartphone with 8MP Camera and T-Mob at HSN.com

Walmart also has it for $200. bucks and then you get a 50 dollar gift card back.If you can find them.

Great deals on that phone for someone that doesn't mind hspa I guess I will go for the s4 lte/gsm/hspa goodies

Upvote 0

The phone I tried to register for my girl was an t-mobile Sony xperia ion, and it was a total nightmare. No apn settings made a difference, took 3 days to get everything resolved and get the phone operational. Still to this day she will have random instances where the service drops out and she has to reboot, or at least toggle airplane to get Service back.. If she didn't love the phone itself so much it would probably be in a landfill by now ;)

Upvote 0
The phone I tried to register for my girl was an t-mobile Sony xperia ion, and it was a total nightmare. No apn settings made a difference, took 3 days to get everything resolved and get the phone operational. Still to this day she will have random instances where the service drops out and she has to reboot, or at least toggle airplane to get Service back.. If she didn't love the phone itself so much it would probably be in a landfill by now ;)
never had any experience with the sony phones. so to that I could not tell you.

But question for you are you trying to use the att towers with net 10?

or tmobiles?
if tmobiles im surprised but if att's im not.

Upvote 0
never had any experience with the sony phones. so to that I could not tell you.

But question for you are you trying to use the att towers with net 10?

or tmobiles?
if tmobiles im surprised but if att's im not.

There is no way to tell, well at least that is what the foreign lady on the phone said... After 45 minutes trying to explain what was going on to her, i asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for five minutes then the SAME LADY picked the phone up and said "this is the supervisor". At that point I realized how useless it was speaking to net10 on the phone...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones