• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro PCS has 3G now!!!

In order to have constant 3g access in miami you need the new 3022 prl, but I was able to get 3g using the 3020 prl on my flashed fascinate only if i enable "evdo only" mode in debug menu. The only drawback is that txts dont work only voice and data. if anyone has a metropcs branded android phone you can update your prl just dial *228 and select option 5. you can extract the 3022 prl using cdma workshop 2.7 if anyone can do this and post the 3022 prl let me know I posted the steps on how to do this, it should work on metropcs android phones.

snap20110912_054133.jpg

Can you please tell me how you changed the color of your status bar?

Upvote 0
Well today, i caught the 3G signal again, and of all the places to get it... It was while going over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge!! I usually LOOSE signal going over the bridge... However... no data would work... I was running GPS it it locked up because it had no data signal... the 3G indicator stayed white, and never turned green...

Here is a screenshot PRL3020 CM7-Ascend-05142011 ROM

6ript5.jpg

Upvote 0
Just got back from working in St. Petersburg, and again 3G is there... but still the issue of NO data transmitting... could not even connect to google...

So it is seeming to me that the 3022 PRL might be needed for the 3G to work...

This was around 3rd Street N and Central Ave...
Possibly new or not constantly updated towers.

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/huawei-ascend/397422-request-ascend-prl-3020-update-tutorial.html

^ Second post. Actually read the whole thread.

PS as always you are responsible. You can screw your phone up in that QPST program. So READ first. Seriously the entire thread. Because I already know what the first question for many is going to be. "Why doesnt it show the ports" or "I cant find the ports" or " Where do I get the port COM number?" Ahahaha

Reactions: DMajor239
Upvote 0
Thanks for the PRL 3022 :):)

Wish I had it about 9 hours ago... Well I went down to Port Charlotte tonight, and tracked the 3G signal... it starts just before the Skyway Bridge, and lasts for about 1-2 miles, then it is gone... never to return till I came back across the Skyway... I did find another area with 3G tonight though... it is over in NW Tampa (Town & Country) area...

Hillsboro & Hanley is where i noticed it... Good and strong there... but still NO data... However... data must be working on the 3G to a point since my GPS map continued to load while on the 3G, but still could not get on the internet, and the speed tests, that I managed to get while driving were POOR!! yet, other times the speedtest app would not connect...

I don't know!! LOL Gonna load up this 3022 and see how things go tomorrow... EDIT I'm at 3022!!! :)

Here are some screenshots of Google just hanging on 3G and the speed tests I took while in 3G. The first (top) speedtest is from home... the next 3 were done while on I-275 before, going over, and after the Skyway Bridge (Heading North)... the last one was the first time one the way home that I saw 3G flash in (it was quick, and the test probably was at 1x speed...

289a23a.jpg

2me1i53.jpg

34t6939.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for the PRL 3022 :):)

Wish I had it about 9 hours ago... Well I went down to Port Charlotte tonight, and tracked the 3G signal... it starts just before the Skyway Bridge, and lasts for about 1-2 miles, then it is gone... never to return till I came back across the Skyway... I did find another area with 3G tonight though... it is over in NW Tampa (Town & Country) area...

Hillsboro & Hanley is where i noticed it... Good and strong there... but still NO data... However... data must be working on the 3G to a point since my GPS map continued to load while on the 3G, but still could not get on the internet, and the speed tests, that I managed to get while driving were POOR!! yet, other times the speedtest app would not connect...

I don't know!! LOL Gonna load up this 3022 and see how things go tomorrow... EDIT I'm at 3022!!! :)

Here are some screenshots of Google just hanging on 3G and the speed tests I took while in 3G. The first (top) speedtest is from home... the next 3 were done while on I-275 before, going over, and after the Skyway Bridge (Heading North)... the last one was the first time one the way home that I saw 3G flash in (it was quick, and the test probably was at 1x speed...

289a23a.jpg

2me1i53.jpg

34t6939.jpg
same goes with me, my 3g would could in and out. and i stayed at the same place.
i could not go on the internet but i could call my brother, not sure bout text though

Upvote 0
Yeah I got 3G, but I guess the coverage here in my area (and a lot of other people)really suck so when trying to use it, it almost always fails to connect and reverts back to 1x.

^this happens to me too!

It seems to be slowly expanding in areas. At home I get it constantly now with about 1 bar. And on my lunch break earlier I noticed it was switching back and forth between 1x and 3g where I never got it before today.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones