1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Metro PCS has 3G now!!!General

Last Updated:

1. capfl2k5

capfl2k5 Active Member

What are the odds when somebody posts this prl that it will work for us that aren't in Miami anyways?

Advertisement
  2. Xaviera2010

Xaviera2010 Well-Known Member

Can you please tell me how you changed the color of your status bar?
  3. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

Well today, i caught the 3G signal again, and of all the places to get it... It was while going over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge!! I usually LOOSE signal going over the bridge... However... no data would work... I was running GPS it it locked up because it had no data signal... the 3G indicator stayed white, and never turned green...

Here is a screenshot PRL3020 CM7-Ascend-05142011 ROM

[​IMG]
  4. euklid81

euklid81 Member

I'm using a custom rom on Samsung Fascinate, I posted in this thread because I'm in dire need of 3022 PRL. BTW I tested my connection speed just south of Miami Airport, the speeds are faster than I expected. Here's is a screenshot:

[​IMG]
  5. meksyk

meksyk Active Member

Attached Files:

kevinrubio likes this.
  6. Liscab

Liscab Active Member

can you tell us the zip code where you are getting the 3G ? please
  7. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

The Mods will merge them all when they see them
  8. meksyk

meksyk Active Member

33166 & 33178
    Liscab likes this.
  9. Liscab

Liscab Active Member

i am on the 33127 and the 33142 nothing yet in here
  10. JD2589

JD2589 Member

Miami FL, 33144 3G on! I wish someone would post the 3022 prl already!
    DMajor239 likes this.
  11. euklid81

euklid81 Member

3G also in 33134. Comon guys any of you have 3022 PRL and are in miami.
  12. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

Just got back from working in St. Petersburg, and again 3G is there... but still the issue of NO data transmitting... could not even connect to google...

So it is seeming to me that the 3022 PRL might be needed for the 3G to work...

This was around 3rd Street N and Central Ave...
  13. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Well-Known Member

Dangit thats Miami Springs where I USED to live lol

I'm in 33015 and nothing yet on my end.
  14. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member

Possibly new or not constantly updated towers.
  15. daluvamann

daluvamann Well-Known Member

I agree. In st.pete I get the best signal around 49th street and 5th ave south and for a very short period I was actually receiving 3g data there. So I'm checking the forum almost every hour looking for that 3022. I'm like a crackhead for that prl (I'll suck yo... Okay maybe not that serious) lmao
  16. locklady

locklady Active Member

I am getting 3G here in fort laudedale florida on my samsung admire sch-r720

here is prl 3022 i extracted from my phone

enjoy!

Attached Files:

Kuzco, lriv, DMajor239 and 2 others like this.
  17. capfl2k5

capfl2k5 Active Member

Our Hero!! :D
  18. DMajor239

DMajor239 Well-Known Member

How do you install it?
  19. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

DMajor239 likes this.
  20. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

Thanks for the PRL 3022 :):)

Wish I had it about 9 hours ago... Well I went down to Port Charlotte tonight, and tracked the 3G signal... it starts just before the Skyway Bridge, and lasts for about 1-2 miles, then it is gone... never to return till I came back across the Skyway... I did find another area with 3G tonight though... it is over in NW Tampa (Town & Country) area...

Hillsboro & Hanley is where i noticed it... Good and strong there... but still NO data... However... data must be working on the 3G to a point since my GPS map continued to load while on the 3G, but still could not get on the internet, and the speed tests, that I managed to get while driving were POOR!! yet, other times the speedtest app would not connect...

I don't know!! LOL Gonna load up this 3022 and see how things go tomorrow... EDIT I'm at 3022!!! :)

Here are some screenshots of Google just hanging on 3G and the speed tests I took while in 3G. The first (top) speedtest is from home... the next 3 were done while on I-275 before, going over, and after the Skyway Bridge (Heading North)... the last one was the first time one the way home that I saw 3G flash in (it was quick, and the test probably was at 1x speed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  21. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

same goes with me, my 3g would could in and out. and i stayed at the same place.
    i could not go on the internet but i could call my brother, not sure bout text though
  22. k0r

k0r Well-Known Member

Yeah I got 3G, but I guess the coverage here in my area (and a lot of other people)really suck so when trying to use it, it almost always fails to connect and reverts back to 1x.
  23. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

^this happens to me too!
  24. capfl2k5

capfl2k5 Active Member

It seems to be slowly expanding in areas. At home I get it constantly now with about 1 bar. And on my lunch break earlier I noticed it was switching back and forth between 1x and 3g where I never got it before today.
  25. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member

Happens sometimes, usually where I am will depend if it happens.

Annoying but hey, that's Metro, its what you're paying for. Can't really complain.