• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro PCS has 3G now!!!

I am so confused Because i just got the Upgrade to 2.2 And It stills says 1x... I Live In Nyc (The Bronx) And i just wanna know if i will be getting this 3G too?

The Android version (2.2) has nothing to do with the service. Call *228 and upgrade your preferred roaming list and it will put you on 3026 prl and if you have 3g tower near you, receive 3g

Reactions: Liscab
Upvote 0
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and 1st just want to say thank for the great info on this forum. I live in Holiday, FL & have the Samsung Indulge. Im in a 4G area & really never had a problem with the 4G. Lately though its been back & forth between 1x, 3G, & 4G. Today its been on 3G all day. Its good that Metro is getting a 3G network, but its a pain when you have a 4G phone & no 4G. Hopefully its because they are working on the network. Anyways looks like the Tampa Bay area's 3G is up. Holiday is just north of Tarpo Springs so the rest of the area would have 3G I would think. Holiday is small compared to Tampa or Clearwater. Once again thanks for the great forum....Jeremy

Upvote 0
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and 1st just want to say thank for the great info on this forum. I live in Holiday, FL & have the Samsung Indulge. Im in a 4G area & really never had a problem with the 4G. Lately though its been back & forth between 1x, 3G, & 4G. Today its been on 3G all day. Its good that Metro is getting a 3G network, but its a pain when you have a 4G phone & no 4G. Hopefully its because they are working on the network. Anyways looks like the Tampa Bay area's 3G is up. Holiday is just north of Tarpo Springs so the rest of the area would have 3G I would think. Holiday is small compared to Tampa or Clearwater. Once again thanks for the great forum....Jeremy

Yeah, the Ascend forum here is utterly awesome, it'll always be home to me. :)

Upvote 0
Hi I'm new to this site n it seems to have helpful info. I have a Samsung admire n it shows 3g in the status bar but it still seems slow. I did a speed test n the numbers don't seem like 3g numbers. Can anybody help me out? Is metro 3g Service fast? :thinking:

metro 3g is just to stabilized the network is not to increase speeds although a lot of people have reported an increase in speeds i used to have an lg Optimus which pick up 3g and what I noticed was that it helped when I was streaming music but I tell you 4g lte is the way to go

Upvote 0
metro 3g is just to stabilized the network is not to increase speeds although a lot of people have reported an increase in speeds i used to have an lg Optimus which pick up 3g and what I noticed was that it helped when I was streaming music but I tell you 4g lte is the way to go

Ok thanks I'm a look into the 4g I'm in Miami, FL so they should hopefully have it in my area

Upvote 0
Just to help with the math, at home my phone is switching back and forward from 1G to 3G (evo and metro network) keeping the phone on the same table :eek:

The same thing is happening to me outside of Atlanta, there are places around here in the suburbs that have 3G and then not then 3g, and it can be a few hundred feet inbetween. That can be more annoying. I don't have money to upgrade the phone to LTE, but once they bring down the prices on those phones, I will upgrade and then have fun rooting those phones!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones