Metro PCS has 3G now!!!General

1. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

2. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

3. intrdrgn

if you are refering 3G, handful of them has it. but if it's 2.2 update if you remember it took a long time for it to come out. no one knew either. & going from this article, it goes back to 2007 when it was posted about Mtero getting 3G. so who knows when if it comes to Metro. I for one probably upgrade my phone by then.
  4. kevinrubio

yea so far parts of the south
  5. mdside71

mdside71 Well-Known Member

Well i live in St.Petersburg FL, and i can tell you its 1x where i am. Wish it was 3g. I tried doing the *228 and pulling the battery for 5 minutes and then powering it back up. I do not have 3g in my area yet..However maybe in a couple weeks or months who knows.
  6. kevinrubio

yeah im not doing anything yet, im going to wait like the ones who have it right now did. They didnt know that it was coming up, and it was unexpected for them so im going to just going to act normal and be patient. wish i had 3g to, im in atlanta, georgia
  7. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member

Heh, you won't believe how many people tried to do that when I found out about it.
    I think I'm in a bad location, no 3G, only the 1X has not disappeared for quite sometime, and everyone that updated their Roam, hasn't disappeared either.
    kevinrubio likes this.
  8. lriv

lriv Well-Known Member

In the Indian Rocks Beach, FL area today (Monday), I, my girl friend, and her Mom (here Mom lives about a mile from us) had no service nor data for about 1.5 hours (2pm-3:30pm) was hoping that maybe it was to upgrade... but I'm still at 1x. (Metro)

Now I'm running CM7 (05142011) Not sure if the 2.2 update to stock phones will be the key to the 3G working... might be the older CM7 builds will not take the upgrade for the 3G??
  9. kevinrubio

not sure, i want someone to do the updatte of 2.2 to see what happens
  10. kevinrubio

So i know that theres a thread about this already but can anybody confirm that you have 3g,what location are you, and what ROM you are using
    ( 2.1[stock] , Icarcus , 2.2[Stock] , PG 2.2 , CM6 , CM7 )
    Im looking into this, and i'll be willing to go back to stock (2.2) and see if it is true.
  11. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

The ROM you are using shouldn't matter. The Ascend is capable of receiving 3g out of the box. Metro just hadn't been sending out the signal until now. Any upgrades being made are to Metro's network, not your phone.
  12. wayne137

wayne137 Well-Known Member

Well if ur on cm7 will there be a chance u will not get 3g???
  13. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Um everyone on Cricket with custom ROMs still has 3g. Its the network, not the phone, that is being updated.
  14. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

+1
    Gmash likes this.
  15. Jspades

Jspades New Member

Does anyone know if this 3g fluke will reacj other android phones like say my lg optimis?
  16. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Its a network update in certain areas. If your area gets upgraded then your 3g capable phone will get 3g.

And far as I know all Android smartphones are capable of 3G ;)
  17. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

all androinds are, its just the carrier and what they provide...:)
    twizzysolo likes this.
  18. intrdrgn

True, my boss has his update to 2.2. just on 1x...
  19. kevinrubio

alright im just checking lol ;)
  20. vanity29

vanity29 Active Member

I say to wait, youll b happy when u wake up with 3G
  21. kevinrubio

lol :D sure will!!!
    where do you live? (not to stalk or anything haha just want to know so if you get it i might
  22. mdside71

mdside71 Well-Known Member

Just to check it out here in St.Petersburg FL i wiped my phone back to the stock 2.1, no 3g...i then did the PG 2.2.2 update that is fully deodexed..still no 3g...i just don't think they have it on in the Tampa Bay area yet
  23. kevinrubio

same here, lol
    im in atlanta georgia
  24. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Someone who has 3g on Metro should do a speed test and compare it to the Metro 1x and post results on here just for fun.
  25. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to do a Speed Test, show me how and I'll go for it. [​IMG]