• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

METRO PCS Push bricking phone???

bobodaclown

Lurker
Dec 16, 2012
Looks like Metro PCS may be pushing down an update. It locked up 2 Activa 4G phones we have that were rooted. Used the image from huawei and brought them back to life. Will have to go an root them again.

Anyone else having this issue.

It looks like a forced update. The screen would show the stock update screen, then reboot with the android unpack image, then freeze up with lines on the screen.

Here's the link for the original rom: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=index&type=software

The link contains the rom and detailed pdf instructions.

Looks like Metro PCS may be pushing down an update. It locked up 2 Activa 4G phones we have that were rooted. Used the image from huawei and brought them back to life. Will have to go an root them again.

Anyone else having this issue.

It looks like a forced update. The screen would show the stock update screen, then reboot with the android unpack image, then freeze up with lines on the screen.

Here's the link for the original rom: '+'Software'+' - '+'Huawei Device Co., Ltd..'+'

The link contains the rom and detailed pdf instructions.

Hi,

I've just ran into this problem today. The MetroPCS update caught me off guard and caused my phone to brick up.

My phone was rooted, which is why I was trying to hold out from getting the update, however, now the update has been pushed and all I get is my phone being unresponsive and a screen with lines on it.

In addition, I tried the link you posted, however it seems to not work. But I did manage to have an update from recent times, so it should still work.

As of now, my only issue is how to restore my phone with the Huawei update.

Since my phone is just a screen with lines and none of the buttons seem to be responsive, how would I be able to place the update on the SD card and run it?

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated. :)

---

*Update: I figured it out. You first have to turn the phone completely off (take the battery out if necessary). Then you have to hold the volume up button and the power button at the same time. After which, the phone will update the software (Force Update) and restore the device. In addition, the MetroPCS update took place right after I restored my M920, so all is well now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones