• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] New Full v10J ROM Flashable *Updated 9/26/2015*

flashable-v10J-firmware.png

For Metro PCS MS631 & T-Mobile H631 LG G Stylo only.

Here's a flashable zip I made for updating to the new v10J firmware update released by LG on September 21, 2015. This is a full update including the new kernel and modem. This update patches the stagefright vulnerability in android.
  • Full update to v10J no matter what firmware version you're on
  • Rom comes rooted so you don't need to root or re-install twrp
  • Zip auto wipes cache and dalvik so you don't need to wipe anything
  • Just flash the zip and you're done
Downloads & Instructions:
https://techstop.github.io/lg-g-stylo-flashable-v10j/

Like my work? Click the like button. Thanks ;)

Change Log in post #2

Last edited:
just got the ota pushed to my phone but i think ill do this instead...really appreciate all the hard work everyone has put in on this new device already

edit im just curious though...if we get more ota updates pushed to this phone, you'll be able to make a rom out of those too somehow yeah?

Last edited:
Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
just got the ota pushed to my phone but i think ill do this instead...really appreciate all the hard work everyone has put in on this new device already

edit im just curious though...if we get more ota updates pushed to this phone, you'll be able to make a rom out of those too somehow yeah?

It's been done on other phones I've had. Someone always finds a way. These guys are like tech superheros!!

Upvote 0
I envision GT being like a race car driver during the day. Then when he comes home, he presses a hidden button on the book self that opens a secret door with a big light to his basement that reveal a tech headquarters. He slides down a pole. When he comes down the other end He's dressed in shiny black shoes, knee high white socks, Dress pants way to short, A white button up shirt tucked in with a pen protector in the pocket. Thick Black rimmed glasses and his hair slicked back.

Upvote 0
I envision GT being like a race car driver during the day. Then when he comes home, he presses a hidden button on the book self that opens a secret door with a big light to his basement that reveal a tech headquarters. He slides down a pole. When he comes down the other end He's dressed in shiny black shoes, knee high white socks, Dress pants way to short, A white button up shirt tucked in with a pen protector in the pocket. Thick Black rimmed glasses and his hair slicked back.

Ahahahahaha ROTFLMFAO! I could only wish.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure it should work. We were flashing opposite kdz firmwares with the F6 & F3 without issue. The stylo doesn't look any different.

I just noticed the new power menu. Looks pretty slick.

oooo that's purdy.

I was just wondering because one guy wanted to swap out his metro sim for a tmo and the phone wouldn't let him. I was thinking maybe using the tmo update would let him switch them.

Upvote 0
It's possible, he would have to try. I wish metro was like t-mo so that I can pop my sim in any new gsm phone and be good to go with no fuss.

Yeah me too. Way back when i had tmo, I use to do that. I had 3 phones I'd swap the card between. I don't get why metro is so fussy with that. What does it matter what phone a person is using as long as its on your network that is being paid for.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones