• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Metro vs Tmobile

Over in New port Ritchie I do not know if T mobile LTE has got there yet, you could check on Coverage Maps for Wireless Carriers - Sensorly. I do know that even t mobile hspa is as fast or even faster then metro's cdma/lte I can also tell you the phone selection will be quite a bit more.

Ok just checked sensorly and it does seem like t mobile lte is available, though do not know how much coverage it has it is only showing on the main road through.

Upvote 0
As long as plan price isn't too much of a difference, being able to upgrade phones is a big plus to me. I'm grandfathered in at the $55 unlimited plan with metro. However, none of that makes a difference if the coverage sux in my area.
Unfortunately if you jump over to the new GSM side of Metro (to run on t mobiles network) you lose your grandfathered plan, fortunately for you the new plan is $60 unlimited so it's only a $5 increase per month.

Upvote 0
honestly it's not much of a difference the only thing your losing out on I THINK is the great customer service tmobile provides! compared to the outsourced mostly Asian decent reps you have to deal with at metro that sometimes can be hard to understand...

the jump plan is great but to me I just rather buy the phone outright then anything else... which is what I did originally when I went to tmobile but I just switched back to metro and im not saving a good $25 bucks a month on metro with the SAME service...can't beat it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones