[MetroPCS] 4.3 update?

Last Updated: 2014-01-24 19:17:28
  1. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

The only reason I want 4.3 is because of the Galaxy Gear but I'm not going to sacrifice my GS4 warranty because of it. If Samsung continues trying to be like Apple I think my next phone and tablet will be Nexus. In the mean time will wait for a 4.3 TM based ROM.
    mike28 likes this.
  3. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Woot!!!
    1,001!!!
  4. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

you gave up your warranty when you rooted, having the 4.3 stuff wont void your warranty. its only when you try to root after updating that you wont be able to cover up that you voided the warranty.

TBH i dont blame them one bit, look how many people flashed international roms on the s3 and commited fraud by getting them to replace it. had samsung sold those devices instead of sending them to othe rpeople then you could say they lost at least 400 bucks per person doing that. the metro sgs3 wasnt even that popular, so the massive amount of people doing this and costing them money made them develop the traingle and download count in the first place. then someone figured out how to reset it and chainfire made it into an easy to use app and people were free to do as they pleased again. so now they finally said enough was enough and are making it hardware level wise so no trickery can happen like it did before.

doesnt make me overly happy that it had to come to this but for me personally, any future samsung devices i own that have knox and trip the flag because i root i wont mind. if i bork something then ill swap it out via software or getting the parts on ebay. teh worst part is it still isnt even foolproof, there are stillw ays to get a replacement device from samsung even after this knox stuff.
    mike28 likes this.
  5. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Thank you ARocker. I went with the third choice. Working really smooth. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all androidforum members!!!!!
    mike28 and ARocker like this.
  6. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Hey danyvw, why did you choose that MK2 rom? Any reason?

Anyone try the Google Edition rom?

I'm asking because I haven't tried any of them, i'm still on the leaked version, not for any reason...I just haven't gotten around to flash one of the new stock roms.

Edit: I just tried the second one (with the star) and I bootlooped.
  7. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

ARocker likes this.
  8. Rooqy

Rooqy Well-Known Member

ARocker likes this.
  9. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Yea, this is a good find :) I dont think its very useful at the moment though.
    There are already 4.3 TW roms available with root and no KNOX you can simply flash in recovery. This guide will be useful whenever we finally get our 4.3 firmware update (after some prep work...we'll need to make a flash-able modem). Thats what I think.
  10. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    danyvw and Rooqy like this.
  11. dcap0187

Well thats depressing. How in the hell is our s4 overlooked? I guess I was right from the beginning, we do have the bastard s4. i decided to waste some time and chat with samsung. mabey if there is enough noise we will get our update.

Attached Files:

12. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

They have old information...in your chat, they're talking about how the 4.3 roll-out is still on hold when the fact is they resumed a few days ago. None of this explains why Verizon, ATT, Sprint, Tmobile, and US Cellular got an update and we didn't.

Anyone know how many other small US carriers carry the S4?
  13. dcap0187

I know I was about to mention how the patch was already out, but in the chat she did say it "will" come out for our device.
  14. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I know all big carriers have the device.

I think Cricket carries it, as well as Cincinnati Bell. I am also assuming Straight Talk.
    ARocker likes this.
  15. sketchandskate1

sketchandskate1 New Member

I recently decided to try and go back to stock so that I can get the OTA when it goes through. I have un-rooted and wiped data back to stock. When I try to run the update it tells me it won't allow it because the device has been modified. The only mod left on the phone would be CWM recovery. What should I do to make the OTA work?
  16. dcap0187

you need to be completely stock. run cf-auto-root to gain root access, that will also give you your stock recovery. next install and run triangle away (resetting your flash counter), then go into supersu and do a full unroot. after that turn the phone off boot into recovery and do a factory reset and that should it.
    sketchandskate1 likes this.
  17. flabinall

flabinall Well-Known Member

everytime I flash one of these t-mobile roms I get a whole bunch of force close issues to the point where I can't even use my phone.any ideas.
  18. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

That shouldn't happen. What roms have you tried?
  19. flabinall

Dandroid and infamous. ...using clockwork mod...
  20. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

I havent tried Dandroid but Infamous I've used many times with no issue. Also, seems the majority of us are using TWRP recovery...perhaps that is the difference? Lastly, are you sure you have a M919N? Did you get the phone from Metro?
  21. dcap0187

I only use cwm so I know its not that, I've flash more roms than I can count.
    ARocker likes this.
  22. flabinall

Yes m919...I bought it at Metro. .. running ur rom now
  23. flabinall

Do I have to Odin twrp or can I flash it through clockwork mod or goo manager?
  24. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Goo should work...give it a shot. Dcap0187 uses cwm so i dont know if it will make a difference.

If goo wont work for you then theres also the Odin way too.

You can also try updating cwm to the latest version if you dont already.