[Metropcs] 64gb Sandisk microSDXC Class 10 not mountingSupport

Last Updated:

1. johnpro112

johnpro112 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I purchased a 64gb SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 on Amazon and It is not mounting to my phone. I believe the phone does recognize it, but when i try to mount it, it does not mount. Any tips?

Advertisement
  2. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

Did you format it before installing it?
    KOLIO likes this.
  3. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

Mac or windows PC?

what errors are you getting?
  4. johnpro112

PC, and I am not able format it on the phone for some reason.
  5. doboy

doboy Well-Known Member

Before using my 64GB Sandisk microSDXC I had to quick format it on my PC before it was recognized by my GSIII (TMo). I did a quick format using exFAT with default allocation size. GSIII are known to support exFAT unlike many other android devices.
  6. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

This is what I used to format my 64gb card into FAT32 format:
    Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

Go to the middle area where it says "Now download a copy of fat32format" and follow the steps.
  7. johnpro112

how did you quick format it on your computer? I have my 64gb connected to my S3 and all it says is "SD card is safe to remove." I would like to format it on my computer but I can not. When I connect the S3 to the computer it only shows internal memory.
  8. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

Use a MicroSD card reader
  9. doboy

doboy Well-Known Member

I used a USB SD card reader
  10. johnpro112

okay what program can I use to format it? I found a micro sd usb card reader.

The regular windows program can not format it to FAT32
  11. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

12. doboy

doboy Well-Known Member

Did you even read my above post? ExFat with default allocation size.
  13. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

In my case, I was having issues with exFAT. Ever since I formatted to FAT32, no problems.
  14. johnpro112

Yup I formatted to fat32 and I had no problems, Using EasePartition. Now my phone reads the 64gb sd card. Issue solve.

Thanks for all ya help.
  15. doboy

doboy Well-Known Member

Not sure if GSIII for Sprint is that much different from mine, but I was able to use exFAT once I reformatted with default allocation size using Win 7. Before reformatting the card was not recognized by my device. I like the ability to store >4 GB files.