[MetroPCS] At Risk!! M919NUVUAMF2 Firmware...Where?

Last Updated:

1. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find our stock firmware M919NUVUAMF2 unsuccessfully for all over the web (starting with sanmobile). Kies says there is not compatible for download. Is there any other place we could find it? Flashing stock for us is now impossible. Be careful friends and back up, back up and back up until we get it.

Advertisement
    Josepepowner likes this.
  2. Josepepowner

Josepepowner Member

Hey if i find any info i will let you know right away as im also looking for a stock firmware but cant seem to find one.
    danyvw likes this.
  3. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

Yeah im looking for it too! :-(
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Is there anything Metro specific in the firmware? If you absolutely needed it to fix a soft brick you could probably use the Tmobile firmware.
  5. Josepepowner

Josepepowner Member

was thinking of doing that but i want to have the metro one before i start messing with stuff so i could restore it back to normal for warranty purposes.
  6. Josepepowner

Josepepowner Member

Any news yet i noticed that Nuttmeg released the metro stock recovery but still wondering if someone will be making an official stock firmware.
  7. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

Well now all you need to do is use cwm make a .tar back up, restore to stock and then make another back up. Then restore the first back up.
  8. dcap0187

Now you have your stock rom(if your phone was still original rom for backup), and the recovery from nuttmeg.
  9. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Yes, one Triangle Away pass, taking out supersu or superuser and we are done for warranty purposes.
  10. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

adb shell getprop ril.serialnumber && getprop ro.serialno

this is a serial number, not your imei/esn/meid or really anything of value (at best i could register it on samsung.com and get a 50% off code for one item) but regardless, if someone is willing to PM me the 2 numbers it spits out i will try to get ahold of an odin tar
    mike28 and dcap0187 like this.
  11. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Got it. sending PM
    Edit: PM with serials already sent.
    dcap0187 likes this.
  12. Shabbypenguin

didnt work out, was hoping kies would allow me to do some tom foolery and get the tar but didnt pan out :(
    ARocker likes this.
  13. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

I wonder how long is going to take to Samsung to release the firmware? I know they are slow but this taking more than usual.
  14. dcap0187

Kies doesn't recognize our phone.
  15. Shabbypenguin

uh, samsung never releases firmware.
  16. dcap0187

I've been checking kies often here is what i get..

Attached Files:

17. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

That's the same message I've been getting since the first day I bought my S4
  18. Shabbypenguin

i cant check for updates, i was chekcing in the tools menu under emergency stuff
  19. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

I tried the emergency restore but kies not reading the phone either, but the built in wifi sometimes work, but it disconnect after a few minutes.
  20. Josepepowner

Josepepowner Member

So any new news as of today wondering when will us metro users see that firmware release. Still hoping that it releases not only so i can safely root and all but also. there are some weird bugs that happen to my phone stock firmware stock everything btw. its like sometimes when i lock my phone it bugs out sometimes the buttons dont work until i lock my phone while watching netflix sometimes phone will lock its weird. anyway if any updates post them here
  21. Shabbypenguin

why do people think the firmwares get released? they are either leaked or made by people.
  22. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Usually you can get them on sammobile or download them from Kies if you need to do a recovery.
  23. Shabbypenguin

kies thing is only on select models, and its more of for updates. sammobile is for leaked firmware tars
  24. dcap0187

so just a little something i noticed. if you plug your phone in and start up kies it will give you the message "your device's current firmware version is not supported to update via kies". so now if you go to "tools" and select "firmware upgrade and initialisation" with your phone not plugged in it will ask for a model name and then a serial number. so if you use the correct model SGH-M919N and your serial number it will come back with "please check the model name and enter it." but if you enter the t-mobile model SGH-M919 with your serial it will attempt to restore your metro phone to the t-mobile model. still on the hunt for this firmware........ to be continued
    nuttmeg likes this.
  25. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

I find it very irritating that Sammy hasn't release nothing for the metro version. Been checking every other day and nothing.