[MetroPCS/CDMA] Jellybam Rom 10.2.0(4.3)d2mtr

1. thatguy96

thatguy96 Well-Known Member

Jellybam ROM has official support for us now...
    http://goo.im/devs/JellyBam/Samsung Galaxy S3 - MetroPCS d2mtr
    Or their own website for download...
    http://get.jellybam.com/d2mtr
    This is a 4.3 aosp ROM that has aosp/pa/cm features with some extras as well...
    Gapps are not needed they are integrated...
    Bugs: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6121366 solution to mms and wifi to 4g issues credit goes to 1willy for the zip file to flash...other than that I suppose the usual 4.3 bugs probably...
    Disclaimer: none of this ish belongs to me...
    Credit goes to bam-android and modmydroid...I think :p...

Advertisement
    The Capo, Twin Prime, nuttmeg and 2 others like this.
  2. ccsmoker

ccsmoker Active Member

Just loaded it up, first impression is very good. I have had the same problem with dsp in every rom I use. I just can not get it to work. Some one help me please.

BTW no need to flash gapps
  3. thatguy96

Good to hear it works well...I've been thinking about trying the ROM myself...I'm afraid I can't answer the DSP questions since I haven't actually used that app ever...
  4. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

Uuhhhmmm I thought separate gapps were needed for aosp roms? Is this a TW rom then?
  5. thatguy96

Its aosp... just already has gapps somehow... I was confused also... I thought Google sent a cease and desist order to cyanogen for including gapps...
  6. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

If this ROM has Halo, I will download it and give it a try.
  7. thatguy96

It has halo :)...and every setting PAC has and maybe more...I can't tell exactly what's extra until i try it out though...
  8. MartyMar

Freaking awesome, I'll give it a try when I get home.
  9. Samson Inc.

Samson Inc. Well-Known Member

so far so good. everything feels smooth and that boot animation really sums up the ROM. :D the only issue i've run into is one that i encountered on Slim 4.3 Beta 2: i couldn't reconnect to 4G after disconnecting from/leaving a wi-fi hotspot. Only way around that was a reboot and that seems to be the case with this ROM. Once this gets resolved, i'd love to use this as a daily. hope this helps anyone with questions.
    thatguy96 likes this.
  10. MartyMar

I've used a ROM that had that problem before, boy was it freaking annoying.
  11. Samson Inc.

Samson Inc. Well-Known Member

i agree. and like i said before, i'd love to use this once this issue gets resolved. on the plus side, Slim 4.3 Beta 3 doesn't have this problem(for me, at least) and is every bit as sexy.
  12. MartyMar

I'll only have this problem when I'm home but I'll hate the restarting my phone part.

I'm flashing this rom now.
  13. MartyMar

Edit: I installed the Illusion 4.3 ROM
  14. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

Nice find mate...:D
    thatguy96 likes this.
  15. ChaoticJ

ChaoticJ Well-Known Member

Anyone else having MMS problems? I cant get pic msgs for some reason. Can I pull a MMS.apk from another rom n switch out or will that not make a difference?
  16. thatguy96

I have yet to try it out myself Lol...I'm on liquidsmooth right now...maybe someone who has used it can help you out...if I can pull 4.2.2 MMS.apk from liquid smooth I can try to when I get home...but I don't know if it would work on 4.3...
  17. ChaoticJ

I was going to pull it from the latest illusion ROM but it won't let me swap it out unless I'm doing something wrong. I was able to do stuff like that when I had my esteem but the gs3
  18. thatguy96

You have to place it in system/apps...and rename the other one to MMS.apk.bak if I'm not mistaken...
  19. ChaoticJ

I place it in there via root explorer or a filing manager?
  20. thatguy96

Root explorer...I use the one in ROM toolbox but any root explorer should work...
  21. The Capo

The Capo Well-Known Member

Nice rom
    thatguy96 likes this.
  22. ChaoticJ

So after I put everything in place do I need to reboot or reflash the ROM?
  23. The Capo

The Capo Well-Known Member

Reboot
  24. chazey2

chazey2 Well-Known Member

I've been using Jelly Bam from around V3.1 now using V10 with googymax 1.6.8 kernel great Rom very stable and quick n slick. I had MMS problems when going from V9.2 (4.2.2) to V10 (4.3)
    I contacted my carrier and in put the settings manually via settings/data/more and have not had issue since. I have found that you have to have data enabled for MMS to work. A work around for me was to have Tasker auto turn data on when opening messaging and off on exiting.

Hope this helps. I'm staying off 10.1 at the moment as I have tried via dirty update but had a few bugs.
  25. Rooqy

Rooqy Well-Known Member

@chazey that's a great idea! I think you always have to have data to receive MMS but I never thought of using an app to turn it on and off. Thanks!
    Btw are people still having trouble getting 4g after coming off WiFi? After disconnecting from WiFi I couldn't get any data connection and have to reboot hated having to do that :/