• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [MOD][Hooked-Up SecMms.apk Mod for SGS3-R530M TouchWiz Roms]

This what I thought theenextkb24 meant about the text sequence being out of order. (At least, this is what I found strange)

Could it be related to the text showing the time it was sent, instead of received?

If you'll notice Test #2 - yes, I have invented a Time Machine, and no - you can't have the plans to build your own. Although, I WILL sell them - for only $19.95 + shipping and handling.

BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE!
Act now, and you'll receive my new book "Oops! I accidentally killed my own Grandfather! Now what?!" for FREE!
This is a limited time offer, so order now while supplies last!!!
(offer void where Manslaughter or Time Travel is prohibited)

pappy62-albums-stuff-picture7790-screenshot-sms.jpg

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
in the meantime anyone wanna use this?

GroupMessagingSecMMS.apk

nothing special just something i put together, i took the app from Hyperdrive ROM and put it in a flashable zip. it has group messaging! which is all I'm looking for and i can confirm it works in Metropolis and i assume it should work on any touchwiz rom

EDIT: so group messaging doesn't work correctly..... i might be going back to AOSP roms

Upvote 0
i switched to Metropolis 1.2 and did a clean install flashed the mod after flashing the rom and it didnt work. i boot into there's no messaging apk, its in the /system/app folder but doesnt install, i boot into recovery and flash it again and still nothing. tried both versions. i'm not getting any errors so not sure what's going on

You didn't mention whether you factory reset before flashing?
Also, check permissions?

Upvote 0
in the meantime anyone wanna use this?

GroupMessagingSecMMS.apk

nothing special just something i put together, i took the app from Hyperdrive ROM and put it in a flashable zip. it has group messaging! which is all I'm looking for and i can confirm it works in Metropolis and i assume it should work on any touchwiz rom

EDIT: so group messaging doesn't work correctly..... i might be going back to AOSP roms

I'm looking at your script from the file you posted...to see what differences there might be.

First, I see that your script mounts and wipes cache and dalvik...mine doesn't.

Yours mounts /system in a different way too...

Lastly, the script I'm using fixes permissions at the end...yours doesn't.

I'm thinking of experimenting with the script a bit, but fact is some, including myself, have flashed the mod as it is with no issue.

Upvote 0
lol well hold on now.. #2 is my thing!!! hahaha, but yeah flashing apps AFTER a rom can sometimes be a PITA.. same ordeal I went through w/ that stupid "Rom Customizer" idea I had lol.. the idea was good and somewhat understandable, but without proper permissions for some/most apps, it just gets badd.. the app WILL be in the system/app directory, but the size will be 0.0kb and it wont exist in app drawer lol so that was like a week long head-ache trying to figure out WHYYYY!!!??? but then I realeized it's permissions etc...

honestly im not too fond of the whole aroma thing... but it's just sooo convenient to actually have the options of which stock apps to install, and makes life easier not making extra flash packs lol but with aroma you need to mount and unmounts partition to do certain things etcc.. lol it's really easy to get a grasp on how it works.. but it's also really easy to mess shit up and break things hahaha

but regardless... this is all a hobby and it's fun to accomplish these little things lol, great job with this mod btw ;) credit will be given after I do some testin of my own LOLOL

between me and who-ever reads this.. I want yu to know I haven't yet put ANYTHING on this device except for the TW stock/based roms lol, nothing personal but im just alwayssss trying to test new things (for stock) etc.. this my first device with anything over 2.3.. so im still learning as I go :D

Reactions: ARocker and mike28
Upvote 0
I appreciate and agree with you on all points LD.

Thanks for confirming that permissions could be the issue.

Definitely recommend testing. I don't know for a fact that all features are working as I haven't tested all of them. For instance, I haven't actually tried to save and restore messages but I see that the option is there and doesn't fc when clicking it.

I don't use the mod cause I have no service on the phone and don't message.

Which version of the mod are you going with? Splits or no splits?

Upvote 0
not sure yet.. lol I would love having my txts not split because sometimes people don't even get them, or get it hours later when I send those big ones with data enabled.. so I just stop typing when I have like 1 letter left lol, but on the other side of that... there's a chance having them be huge sms it may have issues with other types of receiving devices whether it be service provider, phone model etc... could be trouble down the road.. so ill probly do some testing of my own before deciding :D

or ill jus throw em both in the aroma portion to offer the selection to those who want the option of the two... if yu was cool with it ;)

Upvote 0
You didn't mention whether you factory reset before flashing?
Also, check permissions?

When I said clean install, I'm saying I wiped factory reset, dalvik, cache, and system. I fixed permissions after flashing but I didnt check permission when I had it under /system/app

I'm gonna give it one last try or I'm switching to AOSP lol

Upvote 0
I don't know for a fact that all features are working as I haven't tested all of them. For instance, I haven't actually tried to save and restore messages but I see that the option is there and doesn't fc when clicking it.

I don't use the mod cause I have no service on the phone and don't message.

Using splits, I can confirm (on Metro 1.2) that the Volume Key text size, and the Backup/Restore messages functions work well.
I don't know about this latest version on ld's #2 yet, but I'll test it too soon.... I've been trying to break it on Metro 1.2, and so far the only way I've been able to, was to theme the ROM. (not really an issue for me anyway, because the only theme I like on TW, is Wasabi's "Black Pearl")

BTW - idk if my first dl was bad (the original test model) or if you changed something, because since using the latest one posted on the OP, I've had zero issues... but then again, I've also stopped using SuperSU. (It was causing various other issues for me prior to these tests)
So... :thinking:

Anywho, so far, everything I've tested since works fine. Now... if I can just figure out how to turn off the Time Machine. lol

~Update;

Can't test it on #2 v1.03.... after many attempts, it hangs while Aroma loads... and just sit there, requiring a battery pull.
Oh well...

Reactions: ARocker
Upvote 0
Using splits, I can confirm (on Metro 1.2) that the Volume Key text size, and the Backup/Restore messages functions work well.
I don't know about this latest version on ld's #2 yet, but I'll test it too soon.... I've been trying to break it on Metro 1.2, and so far the only way I've been able to, was to theme the ROM. (not really an issue for me anyway, because the only theme I like on TW, is Wasabi's "Black Pearl")

BTW - idk if my first dl was bad (the original test model) or if you changed something, because since using the latest one posted on the OP, I've had zero issues... but then again, I've also stopped using SuperSU. (It was causing various other issues for me prior to these tests)
So... :thinking:

Anywho, so far, everything I've tested since works fine. Now... if I can just figure out how to turn off the Time Machine. lol

~Update;

Can't test it on #2 v1.03.... after many attempts, it hangs while Aroma loads... and just sit there, requiring a battery pull.
Oh well...
that's strange... jus out of curiosity.. what recovery do you use?

Upvote 0
na shouldn't be any issues that's what im using lol was jus makin sure it wasn't a cwm issue :/ try re-downloading it.. could be a bad dl since the file is kinda large and im not using a great hosting site for it all...

Sorry for the late reply... again. lol

I just got back from the Hospital... had to welcome my 4th Grandchild into the world - it's a boy! 7lbs, 10oz (my first Grandson! - 11:47pm, 4/20)

(now ya know why they call me Pappy. lol)

Anywho, I dl'd #2 v1.03 three times, and tried them all - same result. Man, I'm almost convinced my phone is screwy.
But you know how it goes... how the same ROM/FW can act differently sometimes on the same model phone.
Not quite as bad as the old LG Esteem, but still... just goes to show how "Ghost-in-the-Machine" works sometimes. lol

Reactions: discua8 and mike28
Upvote 0
Congrats Pappy! :beer:

Have you been wiping system? If you have try not. Think that's how I did it. Just restore only the system from a tw backup n try the rom again if you like.

Thank you!

Yes, I've been wiping everything - System, Cache and Dalvik... including Factory Reset.
I'll give it a try, but I gotta go back to the Hospital again today, so it may be a while before I'm able. (phone's been ringing off the hook. lol)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones