• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Rom toolbox pro -ad blocker

have just installed this app , updated hosts file , turned "live ad detection" on and enabled "disable components" on angry birds .

rebooted phone - but still get ads .

this shouldn't happen right ?

i don't see what i am doing wrong .

any help please

dan

What I do is turn on "Block Ads" and click to block "x" then reboot. Works great for me.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362821315837.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362821315837.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 0
They removed all the ad block apps from the market, i was reading. I found the ad block apk, put it in system apps i prefer ROM toolbox ad blocker.. instead of ad away cuz it blocks some sites i use..only app that actually stop ad's from apps is the one that came with pimp my ROM

Edit:Also find this useful post from XDA but since i was on touch wiz i couldn't use the shortcut

s everybody heard, Google Play removed all Ad blocking apps from the Play Store, so JRummy had to remove his AdBlocker app from the market, and remove the feature from the ROM Toolbox package.

But looking for a solution, I found that JRummy only removed the links to the AdBlocker from his app, the main parts are still hidden in the app, and are still easily accessible:
1- On the home screen, long-press to create a Shortcut to an activity (Create Shortcut, type Activity)
2- Select the ROM Toolbox app, and in it select "com.jrummy.apps.ad.blocker.activities.AdBlockerAct ivity"

3- There you are, the AdBlocker is back

(Hope Google doesn't read XDA, so that JRummy can leave the shortcut there)

Upvote 0
They removed all the ad block apps from the market, i was reading. I found the ad block apk, put it in system apps i prefer ROM toolbox ad blocker.. instead of ad away cuz it blocks some sites i use..only app that actually stop ad's from apps is the one that came with pimp my ROM

Edit:Also find this useful post from XDA but since i was on touch wiz i couldn't use the shortcut

s everybody heard, Google Play removed all Ad blocking apps from the Play Store, so JRummy had to remove his AdBlocker app from the market, and remove the feature from the ROM Toolbox package.

But looking for a solution, I found that JRummy only removed the links to the AdBlocker from his app, the main parts are still hidden in the app, and are still easily accessible:
1- On the home screen, long-press to create a Shortcut to an activity (Create Shortcut, type Activity)
2- Select the ROM Toolbox app, and in it select "com.jrummy.apps.ad.blocker.activities.AdBlockerAct ivity"

3- There you are, the AdBlocker is back

(Hope Google doesn't read XDA, so that JRummy can leave the shortcut there)

I'm on JB 4.1.2, Metropolis 1.2 ROM. Long-pressing the HomeScreen does nothing.
Do I need to resort to Stock JB, then modify ToolboxPro & save to external -- then come back to 1.2?

Or.......

Any thoughts about: Mother of All AD-........??

Upvote 0
I'm on JB 4.1.2, Metropolis 1.2 ROM. Long-pressing the HomeScreen does nothing.
Do I need to resort to Stock JB, then modify ToolboxPro & save to external -- then come back to 1.2?

Or.......

Any thoughts about: Mother of All AD-........??

No need to go through all that. Here's the link to the apk
http://db.tt/rCjB5e5R :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones