MetroPcs Family Plan Question [ PLEASE ANSWER ]General

1. Raaah

Raaah Member

Right now Iam on a family plan with metropcs. Me , my dad , mom and sister. ( all non smartphones ) We pay 35 dollars a month. My question is that i want to switch my current nonsmartphone and buy the lg optumus M. How much per month Do i have to pay if i get that phone ? Will the 35 dollars turn into 50 dollars ? or will the 50 dollars get added into the 35 dollars ? and is it just for my phone only ? or will it affect all our family ?

Please answer (sorry i have bad english )

Advertisement
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Idk for sure but it will probally be 50 minus 5 because of the family plan. 45$ a month on your phone
  3. lionrain

lionrain Well-Known Member

OK I'll explain you can have any kind of phone on the family plan, including the optimus. The discount is 5$ off per line. So 20$ is taken off each month from your bill. Your phones fees will go up from 35 to 50. But the discount will stay the same. Hope this helps.
    Raaah likes this.
  4. Raaah

Raaah Member

Uhh im still kind of confused.. isnt 5 dollars off ? when you add a line to a family plan ? because im just switching phones. so your saying that now my current bill will be , 35$ , 35$ , 35$ , 45$ ( my phone ) ? is that correct?
  5. lionrain

Well it will be your total phone bill regular cost 35+35+35+50 subtracted by 20 (5 off per line) so 135 will be your total bill and for just you it will be 45. K?
    Raaah likes this.
  6. Raaah

Raaah Member

Ohhhh Thanks for explaining it to me =) Thanks man
  7. lionrain

Yeah no problem.
  8. androidperson1

androidperson1 New Member

Okay hold on I have the family plan . I have a lg beacon my brother the freedom Samsung my grandma another one that I forgot name (sorry) and my mom a Huawei blue one (don't know name sorry) so there are 4 people in the plan I went to metro pcs store and they told me ican't have an android phone in the family plan. So can I have a blackberry curve in the plan, because it isn't android?????

Please answer
  9. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

my uncle has the famly plan and he had a flip phone a pull out keyboard phone the admire and the indulge. you can have a android on the family plan.
  10. BRIAN5337

BRIAN5337 Well-Known Member

Ok i think that there might still be some confusion or at least on my part.

Unless i'm mistaken, The non-smartphone plans are $40 dollars minus the $5 family plan discount only then equaling $35...

It seems like it should be $40+$40+$40+$50 minus $20 family option =$150
  11. 1iwilly

1iwilly Well-Known Member

i have 5 phones on my family plan. i took off some of the service i don't need 411
    back up and something else. i'm the only one with a smart phone=op-m. my total bill monthly is $147.00 for 5 lines when i had verizon just me and the wife it was $130.00