1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

MetroPCS Galaxy S5

Last Updated:

1. stuntiNIN0

stuntiNIN0 Well-Known Member

So YES, I'm gonna go ahead and be the basic one to post first on this topic like a hypebeast.

The things supposed to be announced on the 25th of this month in just over 10 days, and be released on all major US carriers in April-ish days, just under 3 months from now...

Seen as MetroPCS and Tmo are essentially running on the same network successfully in most of the states, i wouldnt be surprised if we got our Tmo'ish variant soon after release of the Tmo S5.

Anywho bring your leaks, speculations, rumors, wishes, estimates, and post them on here, im quite surprised noones posted on this topic yet, its always been like that since the LG Esteem to the S3, and even the S4, come on everybody lets pretend MPCS is still a shitty carrier and bring some excitement for this device, I probably wont be jumping on it since im pretty satisfied with my S4 and i did pay $603 for it back in September, and the year prior to that $554 for my CDMA white S3, but i know someone's getting this thing upon release...SOMEONE!

Advertisement
    LeeoJohnson likes this.
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

About as exciting as a June 1986 prediction that the Mets would take the pennant. A little here, a little there, nothing to make me wish I had waited a few months and bought one.

And you can bet that the AT&T and Verizon models will be welded shut again. (Where's the "yawn" button on this thing?)
    Joshuah22a likes this.
  3. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

I'd say expect a June - August release if that early.
  4. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

i'm honestly waiting to see what the guy who left oppo does with the '1+'.
  5. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Well-Known Member

Why wait for s5 when the note 4 is in the pipeline!

Hey rukbat Fellow mets fans here!
  6. iamsirlurkalot

iamsirlurkalot Well-Known Member

Yes, same here waiting to know more about the +1 phone also more about the "Black Phone" from Geekphone/Silent Circle. Not too excited about the S5, Expecting to see same as the S4 with HOPEFULLY QHD. Snap dragon 805, wish they would opt for the Exynos Octa core, would be nice to see, and maybe the Water/Dust proof rumors are true.

Im also waiting to see if Canonical announces anything about Ubuntu Phones, this the phone im most waiting for.
  7. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I want to get the s5. I have the S3, the s4 never caught my attention. I'm just waiting for it to be revealed. I hope Metro gets it. I don't want to go to another company and give away my $55 unlimited EVERYTHING plan, away :( Good thing my S3 is still working perfectly fine.
  8. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Well-Known Member Contributor

Man you almost had the s4 before byod was past Vegas. I have no interest in Sammy hyperbeast well hype monster, I am looking forward to Sony next hype monster. There is nothing weak in smartphone space everyone has monsters in the shells.

From what I could tell the s4 was for those who had
  9. stuntiNIN0

Well...actually, as stated above by DirtyDee,
    Youre gonna loose that $55 Unlimited plan regardless of which phone you get, as long as its GSM (dont matter if its the $29 Alcatel onetouch fierce, or a $700 Galaxy Note 3) which will by the way have to be at some point(since metro is shutting down CDMA by 2015. The only way to keep that $55 Unlimited plan for now is to stay with a CDMA 4G phone and as you can see theres not many to choose from, i'd probably say you've got the best spec'd metro CDMA Smartphone..
    Youre pretty much paying to switch over to GSM, that $55 plan was designed for CDMA smartphones which at the time had more or less mediocre speeds, Now that metro has gone GSM and upgraded(invested in) their infrastructure, they're not giving you 'Unlimited ERRRTHANG fo 55 bukz' at these new improved speeds, which as you can tell are not only better but more consistent than the previous CDMA speeds that the plan was originally designed for.
    Instead, they're now offering a '$60 Unlimited ERRRTHANG plan'
    So, if $5 more month is too much for you, then you might wanna stay with your CDMA s3 untill CDMA shuts down, next year.

LeeoJohnson and DirtyDee like this.
  10. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

yeah, same here. the S3 will probably be my last samsung phone unless the S5 brings something spectacular to the table as far as software and functionality.

touchwiz is good in that it opened the door for all the motion and hands free function but it just wasnt done well and they havent done much to improve upon it. either you have features that are useless or you have useful features that don't work well. the thing that kept me from springing for a 32GB nexus is they don't have the motion and voice features but is there much difference in not having those features and having them but they not work?

i LOVE what oppo did with the N1. o'click, backpanel scroll, rotating camera. thats the type of stuff i want to see. LG with the knock-on feature is also great. all samsung seems to be doing is beefing up their hardware which is simply not significant right now with software being so far behind hardware.
  11. DirtyDee

If Samsung spent more time improving what they have rather than slogging it into a huge pile to make the next big thing I would like them more like I don't care each phone looks the same I care that my phone lag till the next day trying to receive a call. I don't care if the screen moves with my eyes...I will never use it if its crap. The moto x looks great the moto g works smoothly lg phones are Samsung Jr. IMO leaving me with Sony who is not trying to cram as much as they can but improve in where they were lacking like the camera. While steadily improving what is good like the bravia engine
  12. stuntiNIN0

My take on this matter:
    Samsung is messing up BAD trying to 'optimize' Touchwiz and its uselessness
    They should work with Google to improve and truly optimize Android on their phones, THAT will increase sales and build brand loyalty and satisfaction to samsung smartphones / Thread

Moto X with the 'okay google' while its locked feature > palm, eye and BS camera editing bloatware on samsung phones
  13. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, but what do you mean by they are not giving me unlimited everything for $55? And yea, $5 more a month isn't a big deal to me, but I would rather stay with the $55/month for as long as I can, or until a new phone catches my attention.
  14. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

they're not giving you 'Unlimited ERRRTHANG fo 55 bukz' at these new improved speeds, which as you can tell are not only better but more consistent than the previous CDMA speeds that the plan was originally designed for.

What he's not mentioning here is there is no guarantee of those rainbows and unicorns on the T-Metro side of the fence.

Not EVERYONE has a Better GSM signal than they did a CDMA one.

You really need to try a phone as close to where you'll use it as possible.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
  15. elcocho852

elcocho852 Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed about the galaxy s5. It looks just like the s4.😌😭
  16. DirtyDee

S4 with leather booty?
  17. elcocho852

elcocho852 Well-Known Member

18. TheEpicIsh

TheEpicIsh Active Member

MetroPCS is holding a contest on the front page of their website giving away a few Galaxy S5's. The phone is probably gonna cost $599 or $549 with some form of a rebate. I poked around the contest rules and it said the phone had an MSRP of $599 but the same thing was said about the S4 when it came out on Metro and it started out at $549. My thoughts, I'm gonna have to read more and find out how much "crap" (crap being my opinion) is included in touchwiz and how much space we will have after the fact. Thoughts?
  19. DirtyDee

I think magazine ui if it its ui will be much lighter you might 8gb of storage after alllll the bloat
  20. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Well-Known Member

If you go over to Tmonews, they have an article up that someone spotted the S5 full price for $672 on the Tmobile site, its very possible if and when it comes to Metro, my guess it will be in the $649 range.

Thoughts?

T-Mobile Galaxy S5 price: $672? | TmoNewsTmoNews
  21. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid. Guide

Around $650 sounds about right for the Galaxy S5.
  22. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

confed likes this.
  23. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I really hope the price of the phone will not be close to $700. Because damnnnnn!! I will not be getting it. $500-600 is still a lot of money for a phone, but I'll pay that. Its gonna hurt my pockets tho.
  24. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

I say 550 sounds about right. It doesn't seem like there is as much hype for the S5 as was for the S3 or even the S4 and that can hurt the price.
  25. Slickinator

Slickinator Well-Known Member

Galaxy S5? you mean Galaxy S4 and a half?