MetroPCS Junk software

Last Updated:

1. kanaida

kanaida Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had an optimus M since the first day, got it rooted no prob and after messing around for a while I found out a few things.

A) DO NOT ANSWER ANY CRAP FOR MetroPCS Xtras, I have yet for figure out how to unistall this garbage sofrware that give you junk spam messages from metro. Close it if you see it. If anyone knows how to remove this, please tell me. It has no use and therefore is only taking up memory and screen space.

B) Use the email icon if you can for email, it's lighter than mail@metro. However it lacks html. I can live with that, but if you must then go ahead, it's not a really bad client, just a preference.

C) MetroPCS EasyWifi supposedly gives you free wifi with no configuration in places all over, I have yet to connect to any of these places, but I do find the notification at the top to be useful for getting at the wifi settings much easier and know what network you're connected to. Doesn't seem to slow the phone down.

D) MetroNavigator has better voices, but at least for me, it's incredibly slower and less responsive as to your position than the "Google maps" navigator that's already on the phone. It does give you local gas prices but they're not sorted from closest to farthest or cheapest to expensive so it's kind of pointless. I'm sure there's an app for that.

I also noticed that the phone is pretty speedy up until you run one of these apps, not sure wich one exactly. It's what prompted me to figure out how to remove this stuff. If anyone know of a *safe* way to remove them (I can't seem to find all of them in the sys/apps folder) please let me know.

There is also some strange set of logs that are getting saved to my sdcard, looks sort of like a boot up log, not sure. But it's Metro's not androids. I don't really like stuff writing these files and killing sd card life for nothing.
    They are stored in /sdcard/z7logs/
    Zip files containing 2 text files, client.0 and server.0
    any info on those would be appreciated too.

Advertisement
  2. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member

Deleting MobilePosse.apk from the "system/app" folder will remove Xtras.

z7 seems to refer to mail@metro. The mail@metro app is called z7-android2x.apk and is also located in the "system/app" folder.

gbiggie likes this.
  3. edgchacon

edgchacon Well-Known Member

4. saratheandroiduser

saratheandroiduser New Member

i found a safe way to do it and it does work for me you do to settings>applications>manage applications>All> find myextras and press force stop