• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Kit kat t mobile rom

Hey everyone. Anyone have any luck with t mobile kit kat rom? I successfully flashed the iokp GE 4.4 rom. However, I wasn't to access some of the settings and not everything was able to work. If anyone has a solution or advice it would be much appreciated.

Theres probably a few kit kat roms for the tmo s4. Which one r u talking about? There's one in the UATRG that works, its not touchwiz though.

Upvote 0
Rather then make another thread Ill just post here :p is there a way to update the prl on this kitkat rom? I've been using it for about 2 days and my signal kinda sucks now haha im on H+?(no idea what that stands for lol) when I'd normally have 4G..I've tried *228 or 5 which ever and it didn't work...any ideas?

You should ask the dev about prls and stuff, see what he says. I believe that kit kat rom is from an international phone, made to work with the Tmobile S4. At least thats what I understand because H+ is the international version of 4g.

There are other kit kat roms available, I just haven't tested them. You might want to try them out for yourself.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Rather then make another thread Ill just post here :p is there a way to update the prl on this kitkat rom? I've been using it for about 2 days and my signal kinda sucks now haha im on H+?(no idea what that stands for lol) when I'd normally have 4G..I've tried *228 or 5 which ever and it didn't work...any ideas?

I've had no problem signal wise. I actually get better signal and LTE in a lot more places. However, are you able to access the iokp extras under settings. It force closes whenever I try and open it.

Upvote 0
There is no prl on GSM devices but you can check the APN settings. You can find them here:
http://androidforums.com/metropcs-g...cial-metropcs-s4-root-information-thread.html

Reactions: ARocker
Upvote 0
Instead of making a new thread, can somebody be kind enough to lead me to the latest and most effective KitKat ROM for our SGH M919N? I've looked for a while now but i just cant find a definite answer.
Really looking for something different and stable. or are allll of the Kitkat roms out so far not reliable?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones