Metropcs LTE vs ..........

Last Updated:

1. fastordiy

fastordiy Well-Known Member

this forum need more threads so here goes a new one. i wanna complain on the metropcs 4g speeds. does anyone else think they are pretty slow??? it kinda feels like some 3g. whats up with thats??? i would love a consistanant 5mps not just 1mbps...isnt thats more like 3g speeds.......and i just wish i had 1/4 of the verizon "LTE"'s speed.That would be sweet, im probably gonna complain to metropcs soon ...just decieded to throw my two cents out there..PS this DAMN LTE is killing my batttery LOL... sorry guys i hate to bitch but thats how i feel,not mad but just want more improvements. I also noticed the 3g is WAY better than before!!!maybe they will Make the 4g faster too!who know probalay not

Advertisement
  2. myshkin

myshkin Well-Known Member

I don't think metro will ever be up to par if you are bouncing off one of their towers. If I didn't have wifi it would truly drive me crazy. I don't need blazing speed, but I would like to have my money's worth. I did live in a horrible spot for metro, maybe the next will be better. Not that I use the data often anyway. Have you replaced your original battery?
  3. fastordiy

i make sure i get my moneys worth, i pay 60 for unlimited 4g. & i stream like a MOFO.and the wifi on this phone sucks !
  4. equator

equator Active Member

Yeah metro 4g sux bowls. max speeds cap at 100 - 190 at least for me, but rate of $50/month and unlimited data, its unbeatable. I have sprint and verizon as well, sprint pushes about 500-550 and verizon at 650 consistently compared to metro bouncing between 100 and 200 every few seconds. You get what you pay for of course.
  5. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Doing fine where I'm at. Not as fast as Verizon but I pay a quarter what I'd pay there for the same allowances.

It all depends on your location. What's your zip code?
  6. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

You mean, YOUR WiFi sucks.
  7. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

Im jealous...max Ive ever got was 1.3 down
  8. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

Lol, maybe they meant their data speeds...?
  9. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I ran a series of speed tests while taking a driving break in Santa Maria, CA. Never broke 1 mbps. Averaged 0.50 mbps download, once got as low as 0.19 mbps.

THAT is BAD.
  10. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

That is normal being that santa Maria is a dead spot for metropcs.
  11. fastordiy

HEY PRkid your Wifi Sucks. my wifi is great 30mps but the wifi drivers on this phone are horrible. i wish they would fix the constant drop.anyway i love metros new 3g service u guys using it too?
  12. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

Before you bash on Metro's 4G LTE take into account what you get with it. Verizon is arguably the best 4G LTE network out there. A Verizon account with 10gigs of data is currently 140 a month. That's 3360 dollars over the course of a two year contract that has a 400+ dollar early termination fee.

Metro on the other hand is 55 dollars right now for unlimited 4G LTE service. There service is not the fastest but (for me) its been reliable. Over the course of 2 years you will have payed 1320 dollars. There is no early termination fee if you decide to cancel the service or move to area you no longer get service.

That means over the course of 2 years you will have saved 2040 dollars or 85 dollars a month. That is a substantial differences.

What your basically doing is comparing a Hyundai to a Ferrari then wondering why the Hyundai cant keep up. The Hyundai is nice and its a wonderful value for its price. When compared to a Ferrari the Hyundai is kinda crap. I am sure most of us if we could afford something like Verizon then we would switch most the people I see on this forum are Power users. The majority of people can not special with Verizon's insane overage fee's
    ChristTheSon likes this.
  13. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Metro 4G sucks for me too. :D /JK
  14. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Not at all. Those are some sweet speeds :)

Foe those getting low speed . Did you updated the prl?
  15. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

christ i can get that on my 3G network for the samsung admire
  16. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

on what carrier?
  17. ChristTheSon

ChristTheSon Well-Known Member

My metro and my Hyundai I love them both. helping the broke family man get by lol.
  18. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

When I had the optimus m I could get easily get 1.4mbps
  19. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

So I found out I was on prl 3029. I updated to 3031 and these are the results:

[​IMG]
  20. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Haha yeah for almost everyone 3031 has been proven a winner :thumbup:
  21. Pletua

Pletua Active Member

Well if your complaining now about your 4g network in your area check your area on the coverage map.

There are going to be alot of poeple moving from the 3g network over to the 4g and you can expect that the network will begin to bog down and speeds to go down. The 3g network could in theory be faster than the 4g once that happens lol
  22. Pletua

Pletua Active Member

Please Delete
  23. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

just tried a test in new york and I got 3mbit down 2mbit up. I can live with that for $45 family plan
  24. jindy77

jindy77 Well-Known Member

where in ny? in nyc (east village) i consistently get 7 to 9MB down (10.23MB max thus far) & 4 to 6MB up (7.14MB max thus far) on 4g. i don't even use wifi much, tbh.

hope these speeds spread to more areas, people STAT!
  25. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Where in NY?