• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS May Be Buyout Target for AT&T

Actually I would speculate that AT&T would use either of them like Sprint uses Boost and Virgin. A low cost alternative to the normal AT&T option.

If the case would turn out otherwise I would move my business to one of those two companies in a heartbeat. I'm with Metro because I have had all of the "big three" and hated each one due to pricing and service contracts.

Upvote 0
If AT&T tries to take over MetroPCS I hope the FTC does the same for them as they did with T Mobile. Not approve the merger. I had Nextel for years and they were taken over by Sprint and the only reason I had Nextel was because they had a free incoming plan. I dropped them a few weeks ago for MetroPCS and if AT&T takes them over I will probably be looking for another provider. I looked at Verizon before I decided on MetroPCS and did not go with them because they do not have a smart phone available for the pre paid plans. T mobile would cost around as much as Metro but the service in this area sucks just like Sprint did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones