MetroPCS May Be Buyout Target for AT&T

1. jindy77

jindy77 Well-Known Member

Dec. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Leap Wireless International Inc. and MetroPCS Communications Inc. may be takeover targets for bigger rivals AT&T Inc. or T-Mobile USA after the larger companies

Advertisement
    :
    alfick3 likes this.
  2. wayne137

wayne137 Well-Known Member

3. rt-hemiboy

rt-hemiboy Well-Known Member

+1 I hope they dont theyll be loosing customers...
  4. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I, too, hope that doesn't happen.
  5. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Well-Known Member

Actually I would speculate that AT&T would use either of them like Sprint uses Boost and Virgin. A low cost alternative to the normal AT&T option.

If the case would turn out otherwise I would move my business to one of those two companies in a heartbeat. I'm with Metro because I have had all of the "big three" and hated each one due to pricing and service contracts.
  6. Lolas Dad

Lolas Dad Active Member

If AT&T tries to take over MetroPCS I hope the FTC does the same for them as they did with T Mobile. Not approve the merger. I had Nextel for years and they were taken over by Sprint and the only reason I had Nextel was because they had a free incoming plan. I dropped them a few weeks ago for MetroPCS and if AT&T takes them over I will probably be looking for another provider. I looked at Verizon before I decided on MetroPCS and did not go with them because they do not have a smart phone available for the pre paid plans. T mobile would cost around as much as Metro but the service in this area sucks just like Sprint did.