[MetroPCS] Metro PCS GS4 ROOT (SGH-M919N)

Last Updated:

1. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Can you forward that to me if you still have my email T.I.A.

Advertisement
  2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

because when you selected that it set cwm version on your storage

remove the clockworkmod folders from internal/external sd
  3. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

I thought about this a bit more and I should clarify some things.

At Home my tmobile signal is weaker, but the speeds are still faster then metro LTE.

Metro lte signal is -91 to-115dBm
  4. techguy12

techguy12 New Member

hey guys i rooted my metropcs s4 today an it killed my wifi any idea on how to fix that ??:confused:
  5. Caloba

Caloba Member

I'm also having the exact same problem, any help would be appreciated.
  6. Shabbypenguin

how exactly are you guys rooting?
  7. Caloba

Caloba Member

I followed the instructions for the T-Mobile version, I used Odin.
  8. Shabbypenguin

ok well there is like 4 ways to root, so didnt really narrow anything down :(
  9. Caloba

Caloba Member

10. Shabbypenguin

interesting, the recovery you instaleld doesnt affect the rom, nor should have root. my only sugegstion would be to do a factory reset
  11. Caloba

Caloba Member

nope, didn't work. But anyway, the problem seems to just be with the stock rom. I installed another touchwiz based rom (Wicked) and wi-fi works just fine. Weird eh? Thanks anyway for your help, Shabbypenguin, much appreciated :)
    Nyrickan likes this.
  12. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

I rooted my new $149.00 Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet yesterday and I was sweating bullets, especially when my computer did the BSOD thing before it finished. A $600 phone.. errr.. probably not.
  13. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

moved this to the s4 metro root forum.
  14. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

I bought one Galaxy S4 today at Metro, rooted with CF-Root without problems (using TM model number), installed TWRP via ODIN and everything is working flawlessly.
  15. vewdew

vewdew Member

Mine is rooted also with CF and TWRP via odin everything works fine. for those having WIFI probs its being addressed by Samsung, there are WIfi issues with certain routers.

look it up and you will see.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  16. vewdew

vewdew Member

So is it safe to install a T-Mobile rom on this metropcs S4? will I still have access to my phone and data?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also if anyone can tell me how to make a flashable stock rom just incase sometingh goes wrong. Thank you
  17. new optimus

You can make a backup in twrp recovery, or cmw recovery.

That gives you a fully restorable stock rom as you have it right now.

yes it is safe to flash a tmo rom, though I am unsure what you mean by access to phone and data?

If you mean installed apps, no those will be formated over usually, though the playstore will still have record of them all so you could just redownload.
    and all your contacts are stored with gmail when you sign back in they will be add back into the phone.
    divagirl, vewdew and ocnbrze like this.
  18. vewdew

vewdew Member

What I meant by "phone and data " was if by installing a tmo rom if I still have access to metropcs, I am used to install roms specific to carrier so this is bugging me.
  19. Shabbypenguin

well cm isnt going to support the SGH-M919N, everything ive been told is use teh tmo cm10.1 builds (id hold off on 10.2 for now). make a nandroid, if it doesnt work out well revert :)
    divagirl and vewdew like this.
  20. new optimus

Yes you will, the GSM metro is all t mobile, t mobile apn, tmo towers, basically tmo phone.;)
    jtw1216, divagirl and vewdew like this.
  21. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon VIP Member

What's goin on in here..I'm calling NA:p
    Hmm is metro going to increase DL speed or...
    Just call me thread derailer ;)
  22. savtattoo

savtattoo Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not getting Metro speeds, best I ever got with metro was around 7-8mps down on lte..... I'm getting between 22-26 mps down now on lte, theres no way this is running off Metros towers. This phone is smokin fast!
    vewdew likes this.
  23. vewdew

vewdew Member

Well in my area I am getting faster speeds and 3 bars with the S4, when I had the S3 it was much slower and only had 1 bar most of the time. So I would say for me the S4 was a big improvement.
  24. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

With my S4 I'm getting speeds around 12 -14 mbs DL in my house, my son's S3 is getting 3-4 MBS DL. Yesterday I was able to get 22 MBS DL near Palmetto expressway and 8 St here in Miami.
  25. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

The S4 and all the other GSM phones run on all tmo towers but the CDMA still use metro
    jtw1216, genovdot and divagirl like this.