• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MetroPCS - Mobile AP feature

Fossil Rock

Lurker
Aug 25, 2013
I recently purchased my first smart phone (Samsung Admire - with MetroPCS).

After doing some research, I figured out how to 'root' the phone. My goal is to enable the Mobile AP, but this feature does not appear on my phone. I suppose this is some sort of provisioning provided by the carrier, but I've seen several posts about enabling the feature with MetroPCS as the carrier. It seems odd that some have it already on their phone, but not on mine.

Is there a way to enable this feature on my phone?

There two ways to do this. You can flash the rom OA by Spz0 and it comes with tethering by default. Or you can go into your buid.prop and edit a line. I believe its ro.tether.denied=true. You chanhe it to false. And them download a tethering app from the playstore. I dont think they all work for the Admire though. You should be able to tether now using the app. There few threads on this actually, take a look around to see which tethering app works better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones