[MetroPCS] nandroid backup missing

Last Updated:

1. exitprogram

exitprogram Well-Known Member

Hi guys..

I am a little annoyed because i keep running in to issues while performing simple tasks.

I performed nandroid backups in twrp. I can no longer find my backup files. The only thing that i did was rename them within ROM Manager after performing the backup so that i could identify which one was the initial/original backup. I kept everything the same only i deleted what was at the beginning of the file name and replaced it with 033114 which is the date of backup.

My original thought was that my SD card was the issue because i could not restore the backup to my previous phone which was an S3. The restore failed.

Why is this happening? I can see all files on my SD card except my backups. I ensured i was at the external sd card location.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

TWRP backups go just in two folder locations depending on your choice in recovery

/sdcard/TWRP or
    exitprogram likes this.
  3. exitprogram

Any reason why that folder would magically be gone?

I'm suspecting that ROM manager has something to do with this whenever i told it that i am using twrp and confirmed my phone model.
  4. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

I can't help you ther. I never use Rom manager for backups. I'm a man with old habits and ALWAYS do my backups in Recovery
  5. exitprogram

Well. Thanks for trying.

This upsets me so much. I wanted to keep those original nandroid backups. Now i have to odin and find tars and all that crap because something messed with my backup. I'm not veteran but i definitely know what will mess with my backups and i touched nothing except ROM manager that would do this.

I dont use ROM manager either. Its just an easy way to rename them.
  6. exitprogram

Noob question:

Is it possible to use someone elses stock nandroid backup or would it contain too much sensitive information (i.e. ESN and IMEI, etc) ?

I just can't believe i lost my stock image for my brand new S4...
  7. ARocker

ARocker Developer Developer

Yes its possible, there's a TWRP backup available of 4.2. You can share the system and boot portions of the TWRP back up. I don't think anyone has posted one for 4.3 yet. I cant cause i'm on 4.2.
    exitprogram and danyvw like this.