Metropcs new 30 dollar 4G plan

Last Updated:

1. elcocho852

elcocho852 Well-Known Member

Metropcs is offering a 30 dollar 4G plan for a few phones.. its really cheap and you get unlimited talk and text 250 mb of data and unlimited web browsing. This plan is great for those who want a cheap smarthphone and don't use the web a lot.

Advertisement
  2. Vakero

Vakero Active Member

its aight for maybe yougsters, but 250 mb killed it lol
  3. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Isn't this technically the $40? Or am I just confused about the plans?

By the way moved this thread to the MetroPCS section of the forum. :)
  4. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

Its the 40$ plan at a promo price. Its basically an unlimited phone plan at 30$ , great for those that dont care about 4G data
  5. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

Yup! Kids that know nothing about Youtube, or streaming media. I might have to upgrade to the $55. I already surpassed the 2.5gb a few days ago, and we not even in the middle of October yet -__- watching videos at work, is what I blame it on, lol.
  6. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

this is a damn good deal if you have wifi access at home and work and dont use hardly anything in between.

pretty much,

if i was on the $40 250mb plan i'd lock this in and save myself $10 a month.

EDIT: nevermind, you have to buy a new phone. but if you were looking to upgrade..
  7. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

When was you last time see kid who does not know about YouTube? I had a few gigs of music from Napster when I was 14 and i had 56k.
    It sounds like a good plan but not for too many people.
  8. Bard

Bard Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah this clearly is Metro's plan to clear up not-popular phones especially Huawei and ZTE phones (the government reports... thingy)

Once you click $30 plan those two companies phones are on front page :)
  9. robertkoa

robertkoa Well-Known Member

Great deal, though since they have WIFI everywhere a good way to get 4G LTE very cheap.

If they continue plans like this Post Merger-the New Company will become a major player...

I have Wifi at home and there's Wifi everywhere at stores, restaurants, Starbucks etc. so for $30 it's a great deal.

Let's hope we still see these kind of deals post Merger.
  10. unnamedny

unnamedny Well-Known Member

They are trying to boost some sales on their lame phone. Really lame android phones.
  11. byulax22

byulax22 Well-Known Member

Am I wrong by thinking this is a no brainer for someone like me who has an LG Optimus M phone and no 4G, and paying $90 (two lines)? Seems like worst case scenario, I blow through 250 MB of 4G data, then I'm back to the 1x I have now, which really isn't that bad for me since I'm on WIFI most of the time, and don't stream videos or anything that would be a big data hog. Seems like the $30/month plan would save me money per month on a better plan and basically pay for the new phone within 10 months.

Also, does anyone know if we sign up for this plan, can they just take it away in 6 months and then charge $50, or whatever?

Just seems like a no brainer to upgrade to something like a Motion phone, which would be MUCH better than what I have.

Thanks
  12. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

You keep the plan forever unless you switch plans or cancel service & yes the motion is Beast Jr. & Beast Sr. is the s3
    byulax22 likes this.
  13. byulax22

byulax22 Well-Known Member

Yes, if I could afford the S3, that would be ideal, but for $150 it seems like the Motion is pretty decent. Thanks!
  14. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

And it's $11 more pretty decent from Wirefly. ($139 shipped)

Bruce in Ocala, FL-hey, that's a decent dinner
  15. S3M420

S3M420 Member

I don't see the $30 plan option online... Maybe in store offer only or they stopped offering the promotion. Anyone know? Sounds lazy of me. Going by there after work i guess...
  16. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

It was there during the weekend I saw it. I checked yesterday and its gone so I guess the promo ended
  17. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

Its in store only now as far as I know
  18. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

Confirmed. My gf just got that plan 5 minutes ago
  19. robertkoa

robertkoa Well-Known Member

Agree -I have the Beast Jr. and it seems to have very few issues -I hope LG continues this over powered over specced trend on their new
    phones.

But I may go to the Beast Sr. in mid 2013 with the new Galaxy S4 or

whatever, hopefully Metro realizes the demand for Beastly Devices.
  20. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Adopting Beast Sr. during Christmas time, probably my phone till next year if they release an unlocked nexus with full LTE support as the Nexus 5
  21. S3M420

S3M420 Member

I have the same exact situation. 2 lines for $90... after spending $300 on 2 new phones, it will pay for itself in 10 months. So, I agree this is a no brainer for me as well. Only thing left to decide is which phone to go with. Thinking the connect with an extended battery i buy aftermarket to fix the "battery issues" everyone talks about. Really like the 1Gb of RAM... Also hard to find info on is talk and web at the same time. Thought I heard the connect can do this. Anyone know which phones are capable and which aren't. Thought that was carrier specific, but now it looks like phone specific.

Talked to the guy yesterday, and he said there isn't a promotion end date that he knows of. It will run until corporate tells them to take the promotion down... FYI, you have to buy a phone to get the promo. Good for new or existing customers...
  22. Pletua

Pletua Active Member

The LG Motion can do talk and web at the same time. Not sure of any other 4g phones.
  23. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

All of the new 4g, phones can talk and surf
  24. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Every phone since the beginning of 2012
  25. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

not true the lg esteem cant do that;) from the attain and up since they are using cat 3 uicc cards and the original uicc card.
    mike28 likes this.