• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS phone with more than 2gb on board ram!

Hi, the 3 best phones you could get with 2 gbs of ram are the Alcatel one touch XL, it's pretty decent for its price $69. The zte zmax you could get the Walmart family version (still tmobile) and activate it on metro for $109 it's a good phone . The lg g stylo great phone. Good screen, very good battery life for $149. All of these are 16/2 the differences are the processors it depends on what you'll be doing with your phone. If you have any specific questions about any of these phones I'll be glad to help, just ask. I hope this helps.
Anthony.

Reactions: eto
Upvote 0
Looking to upgrade from my LGF6 MS500 to a model that has more than 2gb of onboard ram. MONEY is an issue here so going right to the top is not feasible.
Unfortunately you're not going to find a budget phone with over 2GB of RAM, at least not yet. The cheapest three I know of with 3GB RAM:

OnePlus One for $299 (doesn't have band 2 LTE)
OnePlus X for $250
OnePlus 2 for $329

Reactions: eto and viperdink
Upvote 0
Reactions: lvt
Upvote 0
One thing to bear in mind, if WiFi calling is important to you it's only available on Metro or T-Mobile branded phones. An unlocked device, whether unbranded or from another carrier, will not have WiFi calling on Metro and there is no way to add it.
You might want to take a look on Swappa for reasonably priced used Metro phones that meet your requirements. Your dollar will go farther there than buying new.

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0
Unfortunately you're not going to find a budget phone with over 2GB of RAM, at least not yet. The cheapest three I know of with 3GB RAM:

OnePlus One for $299 (doesn't have band 2 LTE)
OnePlus X for $250
OnePlus 2 for $329

What LTE band does MetroPCS use? Also if I don't do a lot of downloading/Video streaming do I need the speed of LTE? or Can I do without LTE ?

Upvote 0
One thing to bear in mind, if WiFi calling is important to you it's only available on Metro or T-Mobile branded phones. An unlocked device, whether unbranded or from another carrier, will not have WiFi calling on Metro and there is no way to add it.
You might want to take a look on Swappa for reasonably priced used Metro phones that meet your requirements. Your dollar will go farther there than buying new.

I thought I heard Verizon was going to add Wi-fi calliing to their phones in the late summer early fall . . . ?

Upvote 0
What is your budget?

Metro uses T-Mobile's network...so it uses LTE Bands 2, 4, and 12. Band 12 is a new band which is just hitting devices this year(and probably not the low-end devices yet). It will be T-mo's primary band in certain markets.

Nexus devices are capable of Wi-fi calling(Nexus 6 and newer).

So the One Plus One not using LTE Band 2 could mean that I will not get "LTE" service in some areas but I will still get 4g, correct?

Also from above, Kate states, "OnePlus One for $299 (doesn't have band 2 LTE)"!

Yet "Carl", an administrator at a one plus forum site states on April 14, 2014

"During the past weekend, there’s been a lot of discussion regarding the lack of the OnePlus One’s band 20 LTE and we feel we need to clarify the situation."

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/clarification-of-oneplus-one-lte-bands.1065/

So Kate did you mean to say/text band 20, or is it both bands 2 and 20 that the OnePlus One does not function on?

Again thanks all

Upvote 0
Yup, Kate looks like it will be the OnePlus X, and ditto Jesse on the F6. For some reason the speakerphone has gone to crap. I can barely understand conversations, also icons randomly come and go from my screens. The 2gb(?) memory seems to always be right at max and no matter what I clean, uninstall, or remove, OR what app I d/l to do the same, I'm still getting a no space message!

JesseBanks can you remove the battery in the Avant?

thanks once more to all, this "F6" i thought was real nice when i first got it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes you can remove the battery...otg too...supports up to 64 GB on SD card...this is the best phone for 100$...its crazy but I had the F6 twice...bought it for 200 and some change and I lost it in a month bought another one for around 150...phone is horrible...sometimes its better to get a phone that suits you and the Avant does the job for only 100$ its like a mini S4...I love this phone

Upvote 0
The 2gb(?) memory seems to always be right at max and no matter what I clean, uninstall, or remove, OR what app I d/l to do the same, I'm still getting a no space message!

RAM is supposed to be mostly used. In general, it's not a good idea to use task killer apps. Android is good at managing apps and will close them when needed.

Here is a thread about task killers and why you shouldn't use them:
http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...k-killers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/

Is your "no space" message from internal storage? That's different then RAM.

The F6 only has 1GB of RAM, I'm guessing you have the 4GB internal storage model with 2GB storage available to the user. I'd get a phone with 16GB+ internal storage and 1-2GB RAM should be fine.

Reactions: gizmo72163 and eto
Upvote 0
What is your budget?

Metro uses T-Mobile's network...so it uses LTE Bands 2, 4, and 12. Band 12 is a new band which is just hitting devices this year(and probably not the low-end devices yet). It will be T-mo's primary band in certain markets.

Nexus devices are capable of Wi-fi calling(Nexus 6 and newer).

$200.00 but I seem to like the ONEPLUS X above so it looks like I'll need another hundred!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones