[MetroPCS] Possible Update??

Last Updated: 2014-09-21 14:15:55
  1. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

I've gotten news about a possible update. Can anyone else confirm they received an update notification?

Advertisement
  2. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

My wife has my old s4 bone stock, if no one can find out till this evening ill let you know. And if it is true I'll snag the .tar from kies
  3. dcap0187

Just called and had her check no updates. ........yet?
  4. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Hmm, it was our S4 but with a T-Mobile rom. Perhaps T-Mobile got an update? Wasn't my phone though so idk. How does that work? He was on Insane KitKat got the ota update notification.
  5. dcap0187

I checked with kies and again once on wifi at my house, nothing. Also looked on tmobile for an update for their s4 nothing as well.
  6. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

I suppose we'll have to continue waiting. Nutmeg seems to think its a T-Mobile modem update. I'm will trying to find out how big the file is, he hasn't given me that info yet. Oh well.
  7. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Tmobile just released an update for their M919 S4. Roms to flash via recovery will follow shortly I'm sure. Brings Wi-Fi calling enhancements and a new modem in addition to the bug and security fixes that are a part of Android 4.4.4.

Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3

Model: SGH-M919
    Model name: GALAXY S4
    Version: Android 4.4.4
    Changelist: 2437203
    Build date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:41:58 +0000
    Product Code: TMB
    PDA: M919UVUFNH7
    CSC: M919TMBFNH7
    MODEM: M919UVUFNH7
  8. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Thanx ARocker, even though I'm not using the Metro GS4 anymore, my old phone is in my wife's hands now and will be updating with this firmware.
    ARocker likes this.
  9. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

what did you get dany?
  10. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Oneplus One my friend. Awesome phone, wonderful price, very bad Costumer service. Now running stock CM11S with Aka kernel. This thing fly.
    ARocker likes this.
  11. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

@ARocker are you still with the GS4? Or got a new beast?
  12. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Yea, stlll rockin the GS4. I'm waiting for the S6. I figure it should be a big jump in specs and features after the iphone 6 release. I couldn't justify going to the S5. It was too close to what I already had.
    danyvw likes this.
  13. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

I have a Oneplus One invite to share. If you are interested I can give it to you.
    ARocker likes this.
  14. michel5891

michel5891 Well-Known Member

http://www.gospelherald.com/articles/52565/20140917/android-4-kitkat-update-galaxy-note-3-s5-s4-sprint-verizon-att-tmobile.htm

There's the update info[​IMG]
    ARocker likes this.
  15. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Thanks but no thanks fellas. I think the+1 is cool but im gonna wait and see what sammy will bring for the S6. Im thinking theyre gonna have to do better than the iPhone6 with the S6. So I'm keeping my eye in that. Again, thanks, i appreciate the invite non the less :)

Sorry it took so long to get back. I think tmobile/metro are blocking these forums on pc when tethering.
    danyvw likes this.
  16. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

No problem my friend. Lets see what Samsung bring next year.
    ARocker likes this.