[metropcs] Proximity SensorSupport

Last Updated:

1. hadesflames

hadesflames Well-Known Member

I need to disable the proximity sensor. Can someone tell me the name of the driver for the proximity sensor on my phone?

Advertisement
  2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

I don't know it. Why do you need to disable it? perhaps there is something we can do about that? There are like hundreds of those sensors in the phone.
  3. hadesflames

Nope, I want it disabled.
  4. hadesflames

The stock rom is able to disable the proximity sensor in the call settings. Why the HELL is this not a feature in cyanogenmod?
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Possibly because no one has suggested it. Although it would need to be a feature they could implement across all devices and sensors and LEDs differ massively across manufacturers / devices. Turning off proximity sensor on the S3 may be different to the S2, let alone the latest nexus.

Cyanogen is one central code source for ALL devices. The only differences between CM on the s3 and the S2 is the drivers. They can't implement features that will only work on one device.

If you want samsung features, you need to stick with stock roms.
    javamann likes this.
  6. hadesflames

All you need to do is block it from working in call. In any case, I'm waiting on the driver name...
  7. SUroot

If thats all you need to do, do it then. If its that easy.... cm source code is available to all. I'm sure they'll be glad to see your pull request in github
  8. SUroot

9. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Okay, a little thread cleaning done...

Please let's keep our Site Rules/Guidelines and post politely and respectfully.

Thanks.
  10. davidmanvell

May I ask why you are wanting to disable the sensor during a call?
  11. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Probably wants to leave the screen on
  12. davidmanvell

It normally stays on unless you put it up to your ear. Then it should turn off or you cheek dial every icon on the screen.
  13. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Right, but if you use BT or speakerphone, he might want it left on?
  14. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Using BT or speakerphone will not activate the proximity sensor. The screen would just time out for what ever time it is set to do so.
  15. lcdsantos

lcdsantos Member

I want to disable mine. I have changed from Samsung stock ROM to a custom ROM that can