• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS PSA: CDMA Network Shutdown Info

yeah i think i am grandfathered in...i had the 55 dollar plan and now all of a sudden its gone down to 45...i hear what you're saying though i know ill have to be on a gsm plan...im gonna fight hard though to get as cheap a deal as i can. i will def get everything in writing because it definitely sounds to good to be true.

im pretty confident i can flash it back to stock recovery and all...i just didnt know if i needed to bother or not...i figured theyd never go into the recovery anyway...it would put my mind at ease though so ill probably do it...i do have a question though...would that mean i should flash the original modem too?

also i saw that zmax today and it is friggin huge...i think im just gonna get the f60...i mean performance wise even un rooted, it has to be more powerful or at least the same as my s3 right?

thanks for the replies and yeah, i loved and still love my s3...if i could figure out a way to flash the tmobile gsm radio into it i would just keep it...you dont know if that possible do you?

hadnt really considered the avant, but i like the fact that it accepts a 64 gig memory card where the f60 only says 32...i wonder if the avant has any rooting/custom rom support...i guess ill need to look into that
A couple of things, First, if your on a CDMA plan your granfathered plan is null and void, sucks believe me, earlier this year, until april 5th actually they had a $50 unlimited promo, but it was only good for metro branded phones.
You can definitely flash the CDMA S3 back to stock, just get a stock odin tar and there you have it. Recovery and OS will both be back to stock, just be sure to do a factory wipe before running the stock odin tar, as after booting it will likely boot loop if you have personalized it. You can of course run the factory wipe from stock recovery after too if you need too.

The Avant, and the F60 are nowhere near as good as the S3, I have not personally looked at the F 60 but I have the Avant, or more acurately my wife does. I have it rooted and running no bloat and its still less then the S3 was. My wife is very disappointed in the pic quality, among other things. the screen is also .3 inches smaller, doesn't seem like a lot until you really look at it.

Upvote 0
I upgraded my phone day before yesterday. I bought my galaxy3 in 2011. They gave me $300 credit towards whatever. Unfortunately if i knew then what i know now, i would of waited till the very last day only because my g3 was capable of being hotspot with no extra charge. Anyways i would have loved to stay with Samsung but $$ is tight so i got the LG STYLO. With the credit left over it went towards a case and next bill

Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
I upgraded my phone day before yesterday. I bought my galaxy3 in 2011. They gave me $300 credit towards whatever. Unfortunately if i knew then what i know now, i would of waited till the very last day only because my g3 was capable of being hotspot with no extra charge. Anyways i would have loved to stay with Samsung but $$ is tight so i got the LG STYLO. With the credit left over it went towards a case and next bill

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/06/metropcs-to-include-free-hotspot-with.html

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones