• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

however, i may have just found another fix :)
Hey DM sorry bout, you know, anyway I generate earnings from my youtube and I don't have a lot right now however something is better than nothing can't withdrawal it without hitting threshold so it might take time but when I can it will probably be like $50 enough to get one from eBay so I'm kinda a last resort at this point due to unpredictableness of having money maybe someone could chip in to donation thread but I don't know.

Upvote 0
Is it just me or is 'OK Google" not working for others. I think there's something wrong with the mic

"OK Google" is working great here.

I will advise that no one use Link2SD with this ROM as it causes Kernel crashes.

I would like to know though, how to get vibration to work, or whether anyone else is having issues with no vibration?

Upvote 0
i think 3
I recommend you go to rev2 that is my daily driver no major issues pretty stable, please try downloading rev2 put it on your sdcard preferably in recovery mode wipe data, cache, dalvik, internal, and system. PLEASE please please report back with (hopefully positive) results because I wish to further help you until you resolve the problem. [emoji1]

Upvote 0
i think 3
You're probably entering the wrong network password. If you entered the wrong one and pressed 'connect' it saved the wrong password, and will continue to try to connect using that password. Try connecting to an open or different network, or go to settings and find the saved network, press the name, press 'forget' and reconnect with the correct password.

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
You're probably entering the wrong network password. If you entered the wrong one and pressed 'connect' it saved the wrong password, and will continue to try to connect using that password. Try connecting to an open or different network, or go to settings and find the saved network, press the name, press 'forget' and reconnect with the correct password.
Yea you make some good points, I'd probably do Jayz method first and if that don't works try mine

Upvote 0
28sueq1_zpsf160c8ac.png

CARBON ROM OPTIMUS F6

About Carbon
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Features
FEATURES CAN BE FOUND HERE

REV 3 REPACK (10132015)
Included Latest Supercharged Kernel
Added Proper Init.d Support for running boot scripts in init.d upon boot
i wasnt aware carbon was not equipped with it so added the run-parts binary
the battery fix script should be running on its own now
made the changes to mpdecision and thermald for my kernel in rom
added kernel settings apk

Major REV: 2 (04/03/2015)
Fixed Random Reboots
Fixed Black Screens ( as it seems.. 5 days without black screens)
Lights Built from source, working, Notification LED working aswell

VIBRATION IS BROKEN IN THIS BUILD, IT CAUSES THE REBOOTS / BLACK SCREENS

DM47021 CHANGES / FIXES

This is a MAJOR bug fix release.

*Speakerphone volume increased (be careful)
*In call Volume increase
*Blank Screen of Death fixes.. may not be 100% yet, but much less frequent
*bootlogo now complete
*Overall this is much more stable than any other aosp kitkat at the moment.

Downloads
REV 3 REPACK: .https://www.mediafire.com/?cy7yg9ona7oahzc

REV 2: .https://www.mediafire.com/?na5wqnjcgxbk3o4
Link is in quote

Upvote 0
I recommend you go to rev2 that is my daily driver no major issues pretty stable, please try downloading rev2 put it on your sdcard preferably in recovery mode wipe data, cache, dalvik, internal, and system. PLEASE please please report back with (hopefully positive) results because I wish to further help you until you resolve the problem. [emoji1]
Does Rev 2 have any issues with vibration, or was lack of vibration a problem from the start? I know the vibration intensity setting doesn't work, but my phone doesn't vibrate at all regardless of notification settings.

Upvote 0
Does Rev 2 have any issues with vibration, or was lack of vibration a problem from the start? I know the vibration intensity setting doesn't work, but my phone doesn't vibrate at all regardless of notification settings.
Yes there are vibration issues because in the original build vibration would cause massive reboots and black screens if you're familiar with cm11 same issues. Removing vibration fixed the issues.

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
fix the problem of recording video? :(
I occurred same issue. I recommend you use this app. It's free it works perfectly and it records audio and you can choose your resolution up to 720p I believe.
Just download app here
http://www.scr-screen-recorder.com
And install

If colors look weird in video playback.
Click invert colors in settings hope this helps you [emoji1]

Upvote 0
Anybody have a link to the flashable zip that stops Google play services from running in the background? I know its in this thread somewhere. If I remember correctly it supposedly stops Google play services app from running its attempts at constant update retrys. U knw what lemme dig for a sec here I'll find er..... My bad, my bad I found it. I got it. Thanks, lol my bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I need help. I love carbon rom but i need to know what i can do to make it better im going to probably do the sd card hack but sometimes i would get low signal is there anyway i can boost it and also i dont like how the led runs when you get a notification charging ect. How can i limit that And how can i boost battery life i use my phone alot and i really love 4.4.4 and this is a really good rom its stable
You can turn LED off in options. Signal appears low if I remember correctly. As far as how many bars are showing as signal connection within you're status bars reading, you should be straight as far as actual signal. For instance till I pick up my WarpSync thursday... Hecks yeah!!!.... my currant device at this moment, the LG Leon running Cyanogenmod 12.1 is reading 3G and is actually unlimited speedy 4G lte. you might/are probably just seeing less bars but you're signal should be fine. Sometimes custom ROMs may show low signal bars, when not. Or may be reading something that's not actually happening like say.... 3G in status bar when you're really 4G. Or some other minor misreading or another for instance. Unless ofcourse you're speedy data is up or I'm missing the specifics on you're entire ordeal here. In that case my bad & I really recommend Greenify, which also holds higher and extentend options coupled with Xposed mod framework installer apk. IF you're not familiar with these two apps and they're functioning/s togeather check Xposedmod installer out on Google. And greenify is within exposed mod as an installable apk. & is also on playstore. Its not extreamily necessary by any means to use xposedmod to install xposedmod apks..... but I myself do. Choice is your'se but I'd check those two lil gems out if you don't already run Xposedmod and its involved apks. Its intention and overall design is geared twords customizing Vanilla/stock rooted ROMs with more themeing and customization options like a custom ROM usually offers. However, a lot of Xposedmods apks arent in playstore And there are some pretty sweet & handy tweaks within alot of its apks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones