• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][F6] Xperion ROM **Updated 2/11/2015**

Xperion ROM

6c1z1.gif

f6-final.png

Metro PCS Optimus F6 MS500
Everything Works!

ROM Features:
  • Cyanogen Apollo music player (themable)
  • Cyanogen DSP manager for Apollo
  • Cyanogen Deskclock/Alarm Clock/Stopwatch/Countdown
  • Cyanogen round battery with percentage
  • Cyanogen weather widget (chronus - use the flex widget)
  • Debloated/Rooted/Deodexed & Zipalingned for better ram utilization
  • White/blue/black Xperion theme with some AOSP elements throughout
  • Lollipop Home/lockscreen wallpapers
  • AOSP lockscreen
  • Google keyboard (Go to keyboard settings/Appearance/Theme/Material Dark)
  • Nova launcher (includes Lollipop icon theme)
  • Recovery & SuperSU shortcuts integrated into settings menu
  • Xperion ringtone & notification sound
  • Custom boot/shutdown animations
  • Power File Manager
  • Xposed included for more customization
Kernel Freatures:
  • Unsecured
  • Loki'd
  • init.d support
  • Frandom for increased speed
ROM Download, Instructions, ScreenShots

* Change Log in second post *

Custom Kernel:
Freedom Kernel

KitKat Icons, Wallpapers, & Transparent Folders:
KitKat Xperience - unzip this package & instructions inside

Recovery:
TWRP Recovery

If you like my work and would like to show some appreciation, please click the like button. :)

Enjoy guys! ;)

Last edited:
Change Log

2/11/15
Do a full wipe before installing this latest update
see post #782 for more details

• de-odexed
  • updated busybox binary to latest v1.23.1
  • updated some apps
  • new android 5.0 wallpaper
  • added 12 new app icons
  • Google keyboard (Go to keyboard settings/Appearance/Theme/Material Dark)
Older Change Log:
9/20/2014
  • Added 9 more BGs HERE
9/17/2014
  • Removed Android L keyboard just in case it causes the rom to lag (replaced with LG keyboard).
  • Added "Build number" date to system info
  • Speed tweak to Frandom
9/2/2014
Reference
  • Added AOSP lockscreen and disabled stock lockscreen
  • Added Android L keyboard (Go to keyboard settings/Advanced/Color scheme/Material)
  • Added Cyanogen weather widget (Chronus - use the flex widget)
  • Changed blue accents in Camera & the icon to google camera icon
  • Added google icon in settings menu for accounts & sync like aosp

8/19/2014
  • Adjusted recovery shortcut in settings menu since we now also have TWRP recovery
  • Added SuperSU shortcut in settings menu
  • Added Xperion ringtone and notification
  • Added unsecured kernel with init.d and other features
  • Removed Nova shortcut from settings menu for those that want to use other launchers (nova still included in rom)

7/16/2014
  • Adjustment so that custom system backgrounds only show in settings and not in contacts
  • Color adjustment to secondary play store search bar
  • Changed some blue tab and divider accents to white throughout rom to match the theme better
  • Changed gradient black app backgrounds to full black
  • I also updated the flashable system backgrounds. Now it's just one installer that lets you pick which background you want. This will only work for this new rom update.

6/5/2014
  • Updated Apollo music player with new features and bug fixes.
  • Changed recovery menu in settings to work with pressy4pie's cwm recovery (must have his recovery installed to use this feature).
  • Adjusted wifi calling icon color.
  • Replaced Root Browser with Power File Manager (ad free,black or white theme,light and fast).
  • 3rd party apps from play store will now use their own background and xperion bg only for system settings and apps.
  • Updated Nova to new version with "OK Google" voice command.
  • Added Xposed and GravityBox for transparent status bar and other tweaks.
  • Also added new flashable system backgrounds
  • Debloated a little more.

5/6/2014
  • Fixed not being able to set an alarm in cyanogen clock

5/3/2014
  • Adjusted color for play store search bar
  • Adjusted leftover blue signal bars to white

5/2/2014
  • Initial release

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why does this ROM require 12B? I just spent some time "going back" to 10i in order to root. It seems like I will have to use "ota rootkeeper" in order to update to 12B and keep root?

Trevor Philips:
Use OTA Root keeper, hit temporary unroot and then update to 12b through ota(in settings) , once in 12b, restore root by opening OTA root keeper

Upvote 0
If can and have time could you take the system ui and framework apk and theme everything purple for the lg Optimus f6, I've ask several people and no one has time to do, I would do it.. Myself but I'm still having some issues setting all my android programs up on my pc since I upgraded windows, plus my girl won't let me tinker with her phone, for reasons we need not to discuss lol. by the way great job with this rom!!

Upvote 0
Awesome, enough said. Just finished flashing it and setting everything how I like it. Longest part was it not wanting to boot into recovery to flash your Freedom Kernel.

Only issue I've noted, search bar in play store, the font is white with a white background, hard to see it. Haven't noticed that issue anywhere else, yet.

Upvote 0
If can and have time could you take the system ui and framework apk and theme everything purple for the lg Optimus f6, I've ask several people and no one has time to do, I would do it.. Myself but I'm still having some issues setting all my android programs up on my pc since I upgraded windows, plus my girl won't let me tinker with her phone, for reasons we need not to discuss lol. by the way great job with this rom!!

I'll be straight with you. I doubt I'll ever do a purple theme again. I did one before for what was a popular phone and only a hand full of people used it as oppose to my other themes which got lots of downloads. If (big if) I do themes I'll stick to the popular colors (blue,red,lime,orange).

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
Awesome, enough said. Just finished flashing it and setting everything how I like it. Longest part was it not wanting to boot into recovery to flash your Freedom Kernel.

Only issue I've noted, search bar in play store, the font is white with a white background, hard to see it. Haven't noticed that issue anywhere else, yet.

I just uploaded a fix for that. Simply repeat step number "7" only of the installation instructions and you'll be all set. ;)

Reactions: RelZeshi
Upvote 0
[Sorry, if U already addressed this...]

Why does this ROM require 12B? [I just spent some time "going back" to 10i in order to root. It seems like I will have to use "ota rootkeeper" in order to update to 12B and keep root] I thought it might help folks to understand better in going forward with a new ROM?

The rom is based on 12b firmware so you need to be on 12b before installing this rom.

Upvote 0
Update

I did a couple minor color adjustments...

It's super easy to update. Simply repeat step number "7" only of the installation instructions and you're all set. ;)

Change Log in Post #2

There are 10 steps. Step 5 is where you use "Xperion_ROM_f6_12b_5-2-2014.zip "? Step 7 is where you use "Xsetup_v3.zip"? [Step 10 is optional] If you are going through these steps for the first time, you are done?

EDIT: I am waiting on some further instruction on CWM - http://androidforums.com/metropcs-optimus-f6-all-things-root/820352-recovery-loki-cwm-v6-0-4-6-a-2.html#post6550892 I am trying to verify if "F6Utilities2.apk", once installed, downloads the CWM as well as installing it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones