[MetroPCS] SGH-M919N_TMB_JB_Opensource

Last Updated: 2013-11-22 20:57:33
  1. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Advertisement
    Rooqy likes this.
  2. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

My friend ARocker. I have that file since August, at that time I sent a PM to Shabby and Nuttmeg telling them about it but nothing went out. I know there is the kernel source but because I'm not a dev I can't do anything with it. Maybe you can do something.
  3. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Seems I came to the party late :p
    Lol yea I have no idea what to do with it either man :)
  4. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Lol. You are not late. Four months in my PC wasting HD space is worst!!! My first thought when I saw the file for the first time was that Samsung were going to release the stock SGH-M919N firmware soon. Lol.... four months and NOTHING!!!
  5. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Perhaps someone who knows will wonder through and tell us lol :)
    danyvw likes this.
  6. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

its teh kernel source, you can use it to compile kernels. i was pretty sure i mentioned that in a reply to you, if i didnt my apologies.

im sure most people are just flashing tmobile kernels, anyone looking to learn kernel development would be better off starting there as well seeing as there are many more kernel devs with all the work they have done on the tmo s4 vs no one has metro's source up on github and done anything with it.
    danyvw and ARocker like this.
  7. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Thanks much for the explanation man :) I thought it was maybe more than just the kernel...I really didnt know what it was lol
  8. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

there is usually platform source as well, its fairly useless though. its the GPL required parts of android samsung uses and alters. sometimes its used with cyanogenmod to get aosp booting, but you guys already have all that :)
    ARocker likes this.
  9. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Thanks Shabby