• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] {Guide} Tethering... on MPCS & TMO F3

For those unable to get this to work properly, I have found a solution. Funny thing is you can get the fix from the play store! ;) And it's free to boot! :cool:

Follow this link to JB Wifi Tether. This is a free tool that is able to bypass the restrictions, that MetroPCS puts in place, when you try to enable native wifi hotspot. Now all you have to do is click on this nifty app and it enables it for you. You can even lock your hotspot with WPA encryption!

I have tested this to work, but on a CLEAN, fresh, purely stock, rooted phone that hasn't had any other methods ran on it. That means, not this method, not the methods posted on YouTube, NONE! I would like to have some one that has been trying other methods, and have been unsuccessful, to try this and report whether it worked or not. :)

Again, just in case you missed it, this has only been tested on MetroPCS LG P659.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones