• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS & T-Mobile] [ROM] [F3] Xperion ROM *Updated 2/13/2015*

I still need help and i flashed it again and it didnt work can you please give me instructions on how to flash this and i flashed it on playfulgod's cvm recovery.

The instructions are listed with the rom. Here they are...

Boot into recovery.
Do a backup.
Wipe data/factory reset.
Install rom zip from external SD.
Done! You can reboot now.

Upvote 0
The instructions are listed with the rom. Here they are...

Boot into recovery.
Do a backup.
Wipe data/factory reset.
Install rom zip from external SD.
Done! You can reboot now.

i did that stuff but everytime i do it afterwards it rom may flash stock recovery and i reboot and it messes up it has the stock boot apps are corrupted and the keyboard doesnt work it says " unfourtenately google keyboard has stopped" it keeps showing up and i redownloaded it and it still doesnt work how do i fix this.

Upvote 0
Seems like you're having recovery issues because this rom doesn't flash a stock recovery.

everytime i do it afterwards it rom may flash stock recovery and i reboot and it messes up it has the stock boot apps are corrupted and the keyboard doesnt work it says " unfourtenately google keyboard has stopped" it keeps showing up and i redownloaded it and it still doesnt work how do i fix this.

Upvote 0
everytime i do it afterwards it rom may flash stock recovery and i reboot and it messes up it has the stock boot apps are corrupted and the keyboard doesnt work it says " unfourtenately google keyboard has stopped" it keeps showing up and i redownloaded it and it still doesnt work how do i fix this.

I don't know, others are able to install the rom just fine. At this point we're just repeating the same stuff and getting nowhere. I suggest looking around for another rom and see if you have better luck with it. Remember I don't own this phone so I can't really help much more.

Good luck

Upvote 0
I still need help and i flashed it again and it didnt work can you please give me instructions on how to flash this and i flashed it on playfulgod's cvm recovery.
Make a backup, wipe all data, flash rom, reboot. Make sure you wipe before flashing, not after. Otherwise try a different recovery like TWRP, it must be the recovery if it still doesn't work.

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
Really like the ROM, but it only finds the front facing camera. Would obviously like to still use the rear facing camera for pictures. Is there any setting that I cam missing?
The camera should work, it works fine for me. Try reflashing the rom, this is not an issue that should happen.

Upvote 0
After going over the very simple instructions I noticed that it says updated busybox binary, Do you still download busybox off playstore? Or is the binary included without the need for playstores?
If it says busybox updated, why would you install it again :p Busybox and SuperSU come installed with this rom, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Upvote 0
This ROM deffinetly works bro I had alot of unecessary trouble myself due to not following directions. You dont have to do this but since youre having trouble take youre SD card out and check each box in Advanced wipe section and slide the factory reset slider button at bottom of recovery page inside TWRP. I assume youre using TWRP if not then Philz, CMW whatever youre using same deal. If you wipe completely and correctly you are going to have to allow SuperSU rights to take again from inside youre custom recovery, I recomend lte recovery by Hroark13 hope I spelled that right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try to read, read, read, these guys know what works and dont so if they say it works for them and others than youre not doing somthing right PERIOD. dont feel bad man I messed up alot at first and still have questions but more than likely youre questions have been answered already, search the forums. These guys are repeating themselves alot due to ppl jumpin in to ROM's without reading up on the proper proceedures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Xperion ROM

6c1z1.gif

f6-final.png

Optimus F3 MS659 & P659

Everything Works!

ROM Features:
  • Cyanogen Apollo music player (themable)
  • Cyanogen DSP manager for Apollo
  • Cyanogen Deskclock/Alarm Clock/Stopwatch/Countdown
  • Cyanogen round battery with percentage
  • Cyanogen weather widget (chronus - use the flex widget)
  • Debloated/Rooted & Zipalingned for better ram utilization
  • White/blue/black Xperion theme with some AOSP elements throughout
  • Lollipop Home/lockscreen wallpapers
  • AOSP lockscreen
  • Google keyboard
  • Nova launcher (includes lollipop icon theme)
  • Recovery & SuperSU shortcuts integrated into settings menu
  • Custom boot/shutdown animations
  • Xperion Ringtone & Notification sounds
  • Power File Manager
  • Xposed included for more customization
Kernel Features:
  • Unsecured
  • Loki'd
  • init.d support - details
  • Frandom for increased speed - details
ROM Download, Instructions, Screenshots

** Do not use this rom in your project. Do your own work! **

* Change Log in second post *

NOTE:
I do not own an F3 so please keep that in mind when you ask any questions.

Custom Kernel:
Freedom Kernel Overclocked

If you like my work and would like to show some appreciation, please click the like button. :)

Enjoy guys! ;)
Can anyone help me solve the recovery problem on my p659 the problem is that every time I flash any rom stock or custom rom it always fails and glitches I have been trying to flash xperion rom for days now and it always fails please help!!!!! ):|

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me solve the recovery problem on my p659 the problem is that every time I flash any rom stock or custom rom it always fails and glitches I have been trying to flash xperion rom for days now and it always fails please help!!!!! ):|

Since you're having an issue with recovery head over to the recovery thread and trouble shoot your issue there. We have gone back and forth plenty on this thread trying to get your issue resolved to no success. There's no point in repeating the same stuff over and over. The way to install the rom is not gonna change... You do a full wipe and then flash the rom as per the instructions already listed.

Reactions: The-Truth
Upvote 0
GameTheory, I just want to say that I installed your rom with the Freedom kernel (overclocked). After I had massive battery-drain, I chose to install WakeLock Terminator and added filters to Google Play Services. All problems fixed.

The phone has worked wonderfully. I get an average battery life of 20 hours and it's very fast. Thank you for your hard work!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones