• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Tethering for MPCS.F6....!!! All Roms **VIDEO for stock only** UPDATED 12-02-14

I dont see a particular setup method in the op for wifi tether router, just wifi tether.

But i already set it up (to the best of my knowledge) in a similar way i used for the old wifi tether app... but the tether network does not show up on my device (xbox)

I read through some comments for the wifi tether router app and some people are having same issue... i think i may need to try and older version and see if that work..

Pumaa, can you direct me to the version of wifi tether router app you use that works?

Upvote 0
I dont see a particular setup method in the op for wifi tether router, just wifi tether.

But i already set it up (to the best of my knowledge) in a similar way i used for the old wifi tether app... but the tether network does not show up on my device (xbox)

I read through some comments for the wifi tether router app and some people are having same issue... i think i may need to try and older version and see if that work..

Pumaa, can you direct me to the version of wifi tether router app you use that works?

Sorry my friend... You are correct... Here Lollipop

Interface wlan0

Method 3 - HostApd

Encryption wpa2-psk

Channel 1

Drivers nl80211

HostApd Patch <- CHECKED

No Firmware Reload <- UNCHECKED

WIFI Mode: WIFI - N

Prevents Stand-By <- CHECKED

Auto Disconnect WIFI When Star Tethering <- CHECKED

No Disable WIFI <- CHECKED

Plus use MTU option too for game consoles...
https://sites.google.com/site/wifitetherrouter/home/device-configuration

Upvote 0
Ok i tried setting it up the way you posted... still not showing up on my device.

I even tried going to 3c to kill "hostapd" and it wasnt showing up in the tasks like it does when i use wifi tether.

And ive already contacted the dev a few times and no response from him.

Can you pm me a good version?

Upvote 0
Ok i tried setting it up the way you posted... still not showing up on my device.

I even tried going to 3c to kill "hostapd" and it wasnt showing up in the tasks like it does when i use wifi tether.

And ive already contacted the dev a few times and no response from him.

Can you pm me a good version?

Make sure you have allow wifi always scaning off..in wifi setting

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones