• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] To get 4G LTE working and data connection

crwildman

Lurker
Nov 15, 2013
So I flashed rom after rom, but the data connection wouldn't work. This is how I fixed it for anyone else who might be having problems flashing other roms on metropcs. Press home button. Apps,settings, more.., mobile networks, and or access point name. Here you will make a new apn. Use server fast.metropcs.com instead of the default T-Mobile ones. Just that easy. Enjoy and if this helps please leave a thanks :) I just got 4.4 Kitkat on my metropcs s4 and love it.

Thanks, here you have whole settings:
APN Settings:

Name:
MetroPCS
APN:
fast.metropcs.com
Proxy:
Not set
Port:
Not set
User Name:
Not set
Password:
Not set
Server:
Not set
MMSC:
http://metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy:
Not set
MMS Port:
Not set
MCC:
MNC:
Authentication type:
None
APN type:
default,mms,supl
APN protocol:
IPv4
APN roaming protocol:
IPv4
Enable/disable APN:
APN enabled
Bearer:

Upvote 0
I've got a T-Mobile S4 running 4.4.4 . For some reason, all I get is "E" instead of 3G, 4G, or LTE.

Any ideas?

20150804_232437.jpg
20150804_232454.jpg

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums cheekymcgee :)

Metro-PCS has now shut down its old CDMA network as this article states...

"Pre-paid wireless carrier MetroPCS was acquired by T-Mobile in 2013 and now customers are being alerted that on June 21 their CDMA network will be shut down in favor of T-Mobile's faster GSM/HSPA+/LTE network. That means owners of smartphones that connect to that legacy network will be out of luck after that date."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones