[MetroPCS] To get 4G LTE working and data connection

Last Updated:

1. crwildman

crwildman New Member

So I flashed rom after rom, but the data connection wouldn't work. This is how I fixed it for anyone else who might be having problems flashing other roms on metropcs. Press home button. Apps,settings, more.., mobile networks, and or access point name. Here you will make a new apn. Use server fast.metropcs.com instead of the default T-Mobile ones. Just that easy. Enjoy and if this helps please leave a thanks :) I just got 4.4 Kitkat on my metropcs s4 and love it.

2. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Thanks, here you have whole settings:
    APN Settings:

Not set
    Not set
    User Name:
    Not set
    Not set
    Not set
    MMS Proxy:
    Not set
    MMS Port:
    Not set
    Authentication type:
    APN type:
    APN protocol:
    APN roaming protocol:
    Enable/disable APN:
    APN enabled
  3. Shahab zokari

Shahab zokari New Member

Thank you so much for this information I appreciate it god bless you its work
  4. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

I would also add dun in the apn type to get the hotspot to work correctly. It's how I fixed mine.
  5. cheekymcgee

cheekymcgee New Member

I've got a T-Mobile S4 running 4.4.4 . For some reason, all I get is "E" instead of 3G, 4G, or LTE.

Any ideas?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums cheekymcgee :)

Metro-PCS has now shut down its old CDMA network as this article states...

"Pre-paid wireless carrier MetroPCS was acquired by T-Mobile in 2013 and now customers are being alerted that on June 21 their CDMA network will be shut down in favor of T-Mobile's faster GSM/HSPA+/LTE network. That means owners of smartphones that connect to that legacy network will be out of luck after that date."
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  7. cheekymcgee

cheekymcgee New Member

Hi and thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure I understand what that quote means. This phone is both CDMA and GSM compatible. It's a Galaxy S4 SGH-M919.
  8. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

It sounds as though you need to switch network or change your APN settings.
    cheekymcgee likes this.
  9. super4goku

super4goku New Member

I have a similar problem with my Galaxy S4 Active cellphone. As of early July, my phone only gets 4G rather than 4G LTE. This wasn't a problem before that date. It was unlocked from AT&T so I'm not sure if that's causing the problem...
  10. cheekymcgee

cheekymcgee New Member

Thanks man! It was set to GSM Only. I switched it to CDMA/GSM Auto and now I've got 4GLTE. Thanks for the idea!!!