• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] triangle away

I was about to use triangle away and I noticed In triangle away it says the device is SGH-M919 and thats the T-mobile version? But in download mode it says SGH-M919N so if I use triangle away, then go to download mode will it say SGH-M919? Or will it stay SGH-M919N? Because currently (before triangle away) it says SGH-M919N.

Upvote 0
I was about to use triangle away and I noticed In triangle away it says the device is SGH-M919 and thats the T-mobile version? But in download mode it says SGH-M919N so if I use triangle away, then go to download mode will it say SGH-M919? Or will it stay SGH-M919N? Because currently (before triangle away) it says SGH-M919N.

That's a good question :)
I don't THINK it will change the model number in download mode because that's not what it does (it changes it from saying custom or whatever) but I don't know the answer off hand. I haven't used it since I had the S3. It may be that its been made to see our M919N as the M919 because the process is the same for both devices and it will work fine. It may be that Chainfire doesn't know about the M919N and using triangle away WILL change download mode to say M919. I think Chainfire has an answer either way, try to contact him, im sure there's an email or xda thread or something. Let us know what you find :)

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
I think Chainfire has an answer either way, try to contact him, im sure there's an email or xda thread or something. Let us know what you find :)

So I went to the triangle away thread on xda ([2013.10.04][ROOT] TriangleAway v3.10 - xda-developers)
Chainfire said "I do not respond to tech support questions through PM."

So I tried commenting on the thread but xda wouldnt let me because I just made my account. This is what xda said: "New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums. The developer forums are intended for experienced users and developers..."
:(

Sorry guys I don't know how else to contact him I feel like if PM him he'll just ignore me.

Upvote 0
Mine is able to reset flash counter to 0. What are your settings?

Attachments

• 2013-10-19 17.12.53.jpg
    2013-10-19 17.12.53.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
I didnt change anything in the settings or anything. When I hit reset flash counter then it resets it the app closes I open triangle away again and it worked the counter goes to 0 but then when I restart the phone it goes back to 2. I checked download mode after doing triangle away and it stays at 2. Idk what I'm doing wrong

Attachments

• 1382220591486.jpg
    1382220591486.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
I didnt change anything in the settings or anything. When I hit reset flash counter then it resets it the app closes I open triangle away again and it worked the counter goes to 0 but then when I restart the phone it goes back to 2. I checked download mode after doing triangle away and it stays at 2. Idk what I'm doing wrong

The reason for that is, you are still rooted with the su binary still in the phone. If you use triangle away, reset the couter than you can either open su and do a full unroot or power down the phone and boot into download mode and flash the stock tar file using odin.

But you can use xposed mod to turn custom into official, but as with any futher updates, you will need to flash the tar file. You will not be able to update your phone using custom recovery or if you deleted any stock files cause the update package looks for those things.

Reactions: ARocker and mike28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones