• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Working root for MetroPCS LG Optimus F6 LGMS500

This is just ONE of the reasons why I won't go near the stank of any of the quasi-Government owned Chinese phone companies.

Birds of a feather...

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Hey Bruce!

Edit***
Didn't have time for my full reply....

Ok, so the programs seem to steal info.
So from a moral standpoint, mine to be specific, it should be no issue to run this on a dummy computer (offline) and see if it works. Monitor all data passages to and from the device and backtrack to find out how they root the devices. Steal their method and repack without malware.....

Dunno about legality though...proprietary source and all...

Upvote 0
I gots mad cleanup skilz, and lack paranoia. Was posted on CNET for crying out loud, and they have been around for 20+ years. Get real. Here are the pics - u don't trust - then live without root till something you like better comes along. I have root. See attachment.
Hey how u doing? I have an F6 I wanna root. Does it really work? Is it that easy 2 do? I'm no pro that's why, but I know more or less what root means. I been readying about it over a week. Just curious

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'm not messing with a shady company. I'll wait I guess smh, do I know any root method that works 4 my phone? Please help, I really wanna root & open up my android 2 the fullest

Read my "possible root workaround" thread for an idea I had. Safe to test if you want, simple stuff but time consuming.

Upvote 0
So I was able to flash stock MetroPCS firmware without any issues and thought I would try and root my phone with motochopper. Well motochopper ran and my device rebooted, but the root did not fully work. Superuser installed, but couldn't get any apps to gain root access. I tried [APP][ROOT] Android 4.1.2 Rooting Universal Method - xda-developers and it uses VROOT method of rooting and it worked fine. If someone want's my IMEI or personal data they can have it? I have nothing to hide as everything I do on it google can already see it. Anyways, VROOT works just fine.

Reactions: rsurfer
Upvote 0
This root is sketchy and it's unknown what it sends over the network. And the developer won't release the source. Avoid this. And vroot is a known malware that sends your imei to a server in China.

I was about to try it @ cocokasper. Thanks for the heads up, I've been looking for a way to root my phone since September when it came out. I'm no wiz kid but I know a lil, I just don't know any way to root my phone smfh

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones