MHL HDMI connection problemsGeneral

1. Sportster

Sportster Well-Known Member

Ok, so I buy a Note 3 in the hopes that I can get this MHL nonsense for a HDMI out working correctly. I do a search looking for the MHL adapter with the best reviews. Finally find one and it says it's a 11pin deal that will work with the S4 and Note 2, both of which are similar to the Note 3. It's a 6 ft'er that has a usb for powering the phone while connected. Now if I simply plug in the HDML and the phone's micro USB, it works. Try to connect the USB to power the phone, too, and the picture disappears and the phone starts doing a 'HDML connected, HDML disconnected, HDML connected, HDML disconnected' repeating cycle deal. W T H. So I unplug the cord from the phone, and the stupid thing is still cycling the connect, disconnect message! It is STILL doing it ten minutes later! Does anyone have a idea on this frigging MHL bs, how to get it working? All the reviews were for the most part positive. Took my time finding the right adapter because I've read the wrong one won't work. WTH it's so fricking finicky is beyond me because of COURSE ya can't have a connection that is, ya know, "reliable". Can ya tell I'm pretty fed up with the bs? Why not just put a @%^@ HDML port on the thing and be done with it, but NOOOO they gotta add headaches to our already headache filled existence with this bs MHL nonsense. :mad: So now I've got to figure out what to do.....#%^$ around with this some more or go pay $80 ridiculous dollars to get the wireless hub deal which THAT has its issues too of course......sigh. Thank you from one VERY pi--ed off customer for not adding a cheap a--ed HDML port to your phones to make life much easier.....

Advertisement
    :
  2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

Have you tried rebooting the Note 3?
  3. Sportster

Sportster Well-Known Member

Yep....no change....