MHL. What is it and what can i do with it?General

Last Updated: 2012-09-30 04:05:41
  1. kash_htcdesire

kash_htcdesire Active Member

Hi All,

So I've had my note for about a month and a half and all is good. When looking into the note pre-purchase, i read about samsungs MHL connectivity thingy and I was now wondering what it is, how useful it is and how I can implement it.

Anyone out there using the MHL care to give me some insight and some tips? All help is appreciated :D

Advertisement
  2. Bodestone

Bodestone Well-Known Member

The MHL adapter is basically a mini USB to HDMI adapter. You would use it to connect to a TV for playing music, videos or picture slideshows on the big screen.

One end goes into your phone, the other accepts an HDMI cable. They need power so there is a female micro USB port on the side You can plug your charger cable into.

I Just got one myself and it's pretty damned good.
  3. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

JunBringer likes this.
  4. kash_htcdesire

kash_htcdesire Active Member

could you recommend a mhl peripheral from amazon? dont want to buy something tacky or crap
  5. drunkenmax

drunkenmax Well-Known Member

I have one from my HTC Sensation, I wonder if that will work?
  6. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Yep, MHL is a standard connection type so it should work fine.

I have a prototype one and it works with all the MHL devices I've tried it with whether they be Samsung or HTC.
  7. Jesse741

Jesse741 New Member

so I just got a Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter and when i plug everything in my TV sees somethings plugged in but the TV says No Signal , is there an app on the phone or setting on the TV i need to change ?
  8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Needs a power source plugged in too.
  9. RJB

RJB Well-Known Member

So I bought a MHL>HDMI adapter at Radio Shack.
    PipeLine(tm) Universal MHL Adapter | RadioShack's list - All Products

I have it plugged in to the phone, I have power running to the adapter, I have an otherwise OK HDMI connection.

But nothing when I try running my phone to the teevee. I'm using mVideo, if that makes a difference.

I've tried it with USB debugging on and off.

Is there another setting for output that I'm missing?

Thanks