• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mic doesnt work during calls, but still works while recording videos?

ConnorM333

Lurker
Jul 6, 2015
Hey, all, I've had this S3 since Spring of 2013, dropped it dozens of times, so I wasn't too surprised when my friends started telling me that they couldn't hear anything, not a peep, from my end during calls. But, strangely, my friend was able to hear me perfectly well two days ago, when I accidentally called him without remembering that my mic was "broken." And I also noticed that my phone is perfectly capable of recording sound for a video. I can take a snapchat and the sound comes in clear and loud. I tried restarting it and turning "call noise reduction" off and on. Still haven't done a factory reset. Does anyone have any idea why my phone is only incapable of transmitting sound?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones