micoSD problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. 8177818

8177818 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 26, 2010
    Hi guys, I've been having the biggest headache in regards to the microSD card. I bought a Kingston 16GB microsdhc card the other day and swapped it with the card that came with the phone.

I read through a few forums indicating that in order to transfer the files, just copy and paste as it should.

Problem: With the 16GB card, saving files seem to corrupt (feels like it anyways) When i go and take new photos; it'll save in the DCIM folder like it should but the new pics in that photo will be corrupted once indexing media finishes (cannot open IN the phone as well as ON the PC)

The same goes for any other files; videos will be placed on the card and opens correctly on the PC then it'll be corrupted once the USB is disconnected. I'll plug the USB back in and try to play the video from the pc and it wont work anymore.

Problem in summary: Seems like after the phone processes the items it corrupts the file on the SD card.

Could it be the card itself is faulty? It's in FAT32 if it helps. My old card works perfectly. Could it be I need to root it or something?

2. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    You could try to format the card in the phone if the option is available. It's not on my phone...
  3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    You definately need to FORMAT your MicroSD Card, from inside your phone, here is how:

****************Before proceeding with the recommendations that you will read here next, PLEASE ensure your info on the card are BACKEDUP, because you may be losing it all in a few sceconds! Again, BACKUP your Data!!****************
    Regarding your card, have you FORMATTED it? I mean Formatted it in your Phone? If not, you may want to do that. Again from the home screen, Press the Lower LEFT Button > Select Settings > SD card & Phone Storage > Unmount SD Card > Format SD Card > Press Button "Format SD Card" > (Unlock your phone pattern if using one) > Press Button "Erase Everything". You will get a prompt read out on your "Notification Line" That your SD Card was formatted, or something similar.. Good Luck!