• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micro SD Card for my S3

The class is for the speed the data is write in the card. 2 is the slowest 10 is the fastest. If the card is more of 4GB is a HC(Hi Capacity) Class 10 is recommended for video recording and high quality pictures.
There other classifications for other applications like XC used in some camcorders.

Send from my Open Mobile SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk.

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0
I intend using the card for basic data storage and taking some pictures but the pictures would not behigh quality picture but only used propbably for postint etc. so I am guessing that class 4 would be adequate. Also, I saw another posting that some one suggested that S3's have a history of destroying SD cadrs particularly class 10 cards.

Upvote 0
I am looking to replace the 2GB micro SD Card in my S3 with a 16GB or 32 GB card. I see that there are many cards available with different specs.

Please tell me if any of the cards are acceptable or what minimum specs do I need to make sure that I have satisfactory performance
This one works for me. Do not format it, and take the battery out when installing it.
Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

EDIT: There are a lot of complaints about the SDHC cards going bad in the GS3. I had one go south on me, and SanDisk replaced it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones