• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micro SD card question

There's always the chance that an active program that stores data on the card will be writing to the card when you remove it. The best practice is to turn off the tablet before removal. That said, the risk is relatively low and repair very easy if the card is damaged in this way as long as you don't freak out and format the card. My method is to put the card in a reader of a windows computer and run this:

chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>

My wife is very poor at remembering to eject or to turn off card access with her Epic and frequently corrupts the card. The fix takes about a minute.

Reactions: radtechy
Upvote 0
Thanks Pasta.....I didn't know you can fix a card like that. I always had to copy & paste re-format and load it back up again.

P.S. in another thread you did a good write up on your rooting experience; I wanted to test drive mine before I would root. I also had a lack of time before bed too, so I'm using the side load method. I have 2 questions for you:

1) Did Albert's root method go smooth for you?

2) Do you know of a place where I can get some APK files to sideload until/if I decide to root?

Upvote 0
Like the Nook Color, 32 gb is the max.

For best results I'd recommend a class 4 Sandisk.

I just read somewhere that Class 6 is better for videos. Do you think it makes any difference compared to Class 4 on the NT?

Also, are there SDHC Micro Card brands that you would NOT recommend using on the NT?

I'm a newbie... Just joined a few minutes ago!

Thanks,

SunDigger

Upvote 0
Dammit! I just got a Nook Tablet for my birthday yesterday, and on my drive home, I stopped at Fry's to get a MicroSD card so I could start the fun. Of course, I didn't read this post first, so I'm sitting here with a band-new 16GB Patriot Class 10 card. Oh well, I can use that somewhere else and I'll go get a 16GB class 2 or 4 card for my new toy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones