• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RASelkirk

Oct 27, 2015
SETX, USA
My Samsung 64G card just failed (external storage corrupted) after 9 months, I only noticed after my ringtone changed because all my music was gone. I take it this is not normal, they should last longer than 9 months? My son is gonna play around with it, to see if it's worth saving. A reformat appeared to work one time, but copying was super slow, then I tried another format and that one failed. Just bought a new Sandisk 64G card off Amazon...

Russ

Another Q comes to mind, how long should it take to format a 64G card? To my recollection, this took less than 10 sccs and I was thinking it should have taken much longer...

If I remember correctly Samsung microsd cards come with 5-10yrs of warranty depending on the model. Why did you buy Sandisk? ;-)

My son has had good luck with Sandisk, and it's NOT a Samsung card. ;) Really, why would I buy another Samsung after a failure?

How did you format the SD card?

Did exactly what Phil states below...

Hi, put the card in your phone, open "Settings" scroll down to "Storage", tap on storage , then SD card, it will show the option to "Unmount" or "Format", choose "Format" and job done. Phil

Did this. It appeared to format once, but afterwards, moving even one MP3 took minutes. In frustration, I tried another format and it refused that time. I don't recall the error message. I then removed the card, plugged it into an adapter sleeve, and tried it on my laptop where it locked up the system (Win7) requiring a reboot.

Russ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones