1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Micro SD Card

1. pufffee

pufffee Member

My Galaxy 7.0 Plus does not recognize my sd card all the time. At first I thought it was a fluke. I took at out card verified info was still there put it back in and nothing happened. Then hours later it just appeared.

The other day I added more to card and put it back into tab and nothing appeared. but hours later it was there.

Does it take a while to read? Anyone else have issues with SD Storage appearing and dissappearing?

Advertisement
  2. chrisbriney226

chrisbriney226 New Member

no issue here may be problem with the phone
  3. rmreid

rmreid Well-Known Member

Hmmm, haven't had that issue with mine and I've used 8, 16, and 32gb cards without an issue (so far)
  4. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

I have tried 2 different 32 gig cards from 2 different manufacturers, and had zero issues. Patriot and transcend.
  5. pufffee

pufffee Member

I have another SD Card I will try, if it happens with that card I am going to bring back tablet to have it checked
  6. lghitis

lghitis New Member

Is it possible to install apps in the SD card? I have apps in the internal mem of my sam 7 plus, and I am unable to move any, with manage applications and third party. I cannot even see the card under "manage apps. ".
  7. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

Apparently you cannot do that in Honeycomb. They consider that an "enhancement". I consider it a design flaw.

They basically dust off the old Bill Gates argument about how much RAM could someone ever need, and apply it to on how much memory you should ever need to store apps.

I have had my tablet less than a month and I have already used 1 of the 12 GB available to me, and I have slow internet so I don't really go crazy downloading apps. So the "enhanced design" seems like a pretty bad decision.
  8. hornales

hornales New Member

i also have that kind of problem. i thought it was my miro sd card malfunction but when i tried another 1 gb card itwas detected. but wen i put again 16gb card nothing happened.but after a few hours the device was able to recognize it again and t hen after a day the card is not seen again. so its really the device problem.
  9. sulasno

sulasno Well-Known Member

I removed the sdcard from my Tab and plug it to a WinXP system; copied files to it and when I plug it back to the Tab, it couldn't read the sdcard; reformatting it from the Tab also couldn't help
  10. vamp6x6x6x

vamp6x6x6x Well-Known Member

Same issue here for me. Not sure if it is software or hardware related. Sadly, my laptop doesn't have a sdcard reader but I ordered one from amazon so when it comes I am going to try to delete some files off the sd card and reformat it and see if that help.
  11. sulasno

updated the firmware for my Tab;

use the stock "My Files" to move, create and delete files and folders;
    applications from Android market don't work
  12. vamp6x6x6x

I just checked for a software update via about device and it says "No update available" So I cant update right now.

And I always tend to use My files because I like file managers that come with the device vs market file managers.
  13. sulasno

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

Model number GT-P6200L
    Android version 3.2
    Baseband version P6200LDCKK8
    Kernel version 2.6.36-P6200LDCLA2-CL616683
    dpi@DELL173 #3
    Build number HTJ85B P6200LDCLA2
  14. vamp6x6x6x

ok, I think we have different models I have:

Model number GT-P6210
    Android version 3.2
    Kernel version 2.6.36-P6210UEKL1-CL583281
    se.infra@SEI-20 #3
    Build number HTJ85B.UEKL1 P6210UEKL1
  15. mhelm456

mhelm456 New Member

Try formatting the SD card in a camera. It works for me. I works in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and it worked in my Nook Tablet. Hope it helps.
  16. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

Man this tab is starting to give me a lot of grief.

My music player will not read the music on my SD card anymore. I tried different cards and same problem. My phone will read both cards fine. The funny thing is ES explorer can open the extstorage and can play the music. However the music player cannot see any music at all.

EDIT: The music came back. I rebooted a few times and the "media scanner running" message came on. After a few minutes, the music showed up again on the music player. Weird.
  17. forensic fox

forensic fox Member

Are you sure you're clicking it in all the way? My last galaxy tab would read my SD card if I just shut the cover (without clicking it in), but my new one won't recognize it unless I press it in all the way and hear an audible 'click'.
  18. daenas

daenas Member

I went to bed last nite, all was well. Woke up this morning and my Tab says that it doesn't recognize my card. I try to "mount" it in the system..doesn't work. Took the card out and put it back in-doesn't work. Tried reformatting from the Tab-doesn't work. Took card out-tried quick format in Windows-didn't work. Doing slow format on it now-crossing fingers. Something in my Tab corrupted (guessing) my sd card. I don't install a lot of crap and never from unrecognized websites, and I use a virus scanner too. Strange...
    **** UPDATE *****
    Windows couldn't format the sd card even in the slow format mode. The card is now useless.. 8gb card gone...