Micro SD Card

Last Updated:

1. AnonymousTattoo

AnonymousTattoo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone, I'm new to this forum but I hope someone can help me with my problem.

I have presently begun using my new HTC Tattoo Android Phone, and I have been very happy for it so far. Sadly I am having a big problem with it's Micro SD card. It came with a 2 gig Micro SD card, which isn't very big if you wish to add music to the device. Luckily I already had a 4 gig Micro SD card and i therefore wish to use this card instead. Sadly I just can't seem to get it to work. No matter how I add music onto the Micro SD card, the music player still says "No Music on device". I have tried copying all the files from the 2 gig to the 4 gig, and then added my music to the Music Folder (in the same folder and manner as the preinstalled music was). This didn't work. Not only didn't it recognize my own music, but it now can't even find the preinstalled music. Furthermore, I have tried wiping the 4 gig, and then adding only music files (so there is only music on it). Despite this, the music player still claims that there is no music on the SD card.

I have tried looking for a search function, so I can show where the music is on the SD card, but haven't found it. I can easily find the music using a File Browsing program, and can even play the music through the file browser. But this only opens the 1 music file in the music player, and it doesn't detect the others, nor does it remember the file it played after I have closed the player.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong, and must admit that it is both tiresome and annoying that adding music has to be so complicated on the Tattoo. I hope that someone can help tell me what I have to do, to change from the 2 gig to 4 gig SD card correctly, and how to add the music to the 4 gig so the player detects it.

Advertisement
  2. dark1ro

dark1ro Well-Known Member

I don't think that you've done something wrong. Try rebooting the phone, after that go in to music player, press the button with the 3 lines, go to songs, and wait for the music player to load the music, after that, select the first song to play.

PatD likes this.
  3. sunny316

sunny316 Active Member

Connect the phone as USB Storage and rename the folder to My Music and have all the songs under it. That should resolve any issues if you had transferred the files to the card via a card reader or any such device.

4. AnonymousTattoo

Currently, I have nothing to press in the music player. The screen goes black, and just shows the Micro SD Card in the middle with the text "No Music Detected", can't press anything and the menu button doesn't do anything either.

5. AnonymousTattoo

Sound like it's worth a try, should i add the music in the manner: Artist Folder -> Album Folder -> Music Files

Or just add all the files into that one folder?

Will try to connect the Phone as you've sad, sadly it seems as if it isn't reacting when I connect it to the computer? It recharges, but the computer but the popup on the phone, asking whether I want to do HTC Sync og Data Transfer doesn't appear. I have ticked the required box under settings... What is going on here?!

6. pevans_om

pevans_om Active Member

Check under "Settings/SD card & Phone Storage" that the SD card is mount. If not Mount it!

If it still gives trouble, unmount it and format it using the option "Format SD Card" (NOTE: You will lose the SD card data so make a backup. Then add your music again. DON"T just re-copy all your backup, since something in that folder structure might be causing the issue. Add your music manually to a folder. Mine has a folder called "Music" and all my music is in there and plays fine.