• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Micro SD class 2 or 4 for my HTC Desire

Guys, I'm in need of a newer higher capacity micro SD card (instead of the default 2GB), but which one should i have?

the standard micro SD entry level is class 2, but if i were to use this, will it lag my HTC Desire? or should i opt for the next level, which is class 4?

I know memory card is important for high load hardwares such as digital camera. Wonder if class 4 is an overkill for a HP?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this. cheers!

to be honest it depends what your planing to use the phone for, if you are going to be uploading lots of music to it, or using the camcorder a lot especially using 720p video, or playing movies from it or games, then you really want a class 6 card, otherwise a class 4 will do. Class 2 is really a bit slow unless you are just going to use your desire like a dumb phone and not make use of its features, the only reason it is supplied with a class 2 is because they are saving money by doing so.

Upvote 0
I accidentally purchased a class 2 SDcard since it was sitting with the pile of class 4 sticks, anyways it seems to be fine for most things but I don't use the camcorder. It will matter most when you record alot of video and use apps2SD's dalvik-cache feature, which mine is using but haven't had a hiccup yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones