Micro SD Speed

Last Updated:

1. Monachos

Monachos Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking to upgrade my microSD from the default 2gb and am looking at either 8gb or 16gb. I'm also thinking of getting a class 4 or 6 card, if it will boost performance. So my question is, based on your experience, is the boost in performance significant or is it just something that registers a difference in benchmark testings (but makes no practical difference)?

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

If for nothing else, I would get a class 6 so that you will be ready for when the phone gets rooted and you are able to do apps2sd

3. LABRAT

LABRAT Well-Known Member

the class system seems to work on data transfer speed..

class 2 = 2 meg a second
    class 6 = 6 meg a second

if you watch vids on your phone a class 6 will cut downon search times if your jumping through the film to the best bits.

ive also read that android uses some of the micro sd card as a cashe file..so a faster card should make for a faster phone experiance.

i have my eye on a transend 16gb class 6 card on amazon uk for

4. Monachos

Does the phone read at those speeds (2mbs for class 2 and 6mbs for class 6), or does that happen only when directly reading the card from a PC? Oh, is there a big difference between brands? I tried googling that, and the only info I picked up was that a Nokia Class 4 is faster than a Transcend Class 6.

5. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

16gb class 6 card

buy it online at walmart. half as much as Ebay

6. LABRAT

LABRAT Well-Known Member

no idea sorry

but id be suprised if that speed thing was true.. one of the reviews on amozon reconed he clocked well over 6 meg a second on a transend card..

now and then i get the message on the phone waiting for memory card od somthing similar.... to me this says i need a faster card.

7. Monachos

Thanks guys. I will probably get a 16gb class 6 if I can get a bargain. :eek: