• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
my idiot boyfriend decided to spy on me because he is a paranoid looser. He took my sd card out of my samsung galaxy and stuck it into his ancient lg rumor. When I found out and demanded to have it back, i found that it now says i have 1 photo instead of the 800+ that I had before. is there ay way to get them back?

The important thing with file recovery is to avoid using the card as far as possible before running the recovery tool. Anything new that's written to a card may overwrite some of the info you are trying to recover.

Otherwise, as Mike says it's perfectly possible. Mount the card on a PC (using a card reader or your phone) and run the software he suggests. A few years back my Mum accidentally wiped her camera's card, and I got the lot back this way (can't remember what software I used, but I'm sure that one's fine).

Upvote 0
my idiot boyfriend decided to spy on me because he is a paranoid looser. He took my sd card out of my samsung galaxy and stuck it into his ancient lg rumor. When I found out and demanded to have it back, i found that it now says i have 1 photo instead of the 800+ that I had before. is there ay way to get them back?

You think he just trashed all 799 of them? Maybe he copied them to his PC and we

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones