Micro-USB AC AdapterGeneral

Last Updated:

1. geoffd

geoffd Active Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    bjanow likes this.
  2. redworm

redworm Active Member

bump! I got a couple of cables from monoprice and two car chargers, all for under 10 bucks, but now I need more AC adapters to charge this hungry droided mofo. HELP US OUT!

3. flatstick96

flatstick96 Active Member

4. geoffd

Yep! I think that will work - matches the specs on the HTC AC adaptor that came with the inc. So at monoprice you can get the micro usb + the AC converter and come away with a cheap power charger.

5. FunkyBoss

FunkyBoss Well-Known Member

Man, I love monoprice. I hope these all work with the Incredible. For $20 shipped, I just ordered 4 cables, 4 USB car charger adapters and 2 of the wall USB adapters. The adapters should all work for my family's other phones and iPods too. :)

6. flatstick96

flatstick96 Active Member

Yeah, I'd never heard of monoprice until I saw someone else mention it on a different thread here yesterday.

I bought two of the cables that Geoff linked in the first post, plus one of the AC adapters that I linked to, and also one of the USB car chargers - so for a total of $7.99 (including shipping) I've added a wall charger and a car charger.

At the VZW store they wanted $65 for an extra wall charger and phone charger ($29.99 each plus tax).

So now I'll have a charger at home, a charger at the office, and a charger in the car - this should help greatly in alleviating the battery life problem. For a mere 8 bucks I think it's certainly worth trying before blowing $60+ on an extended battery...

7. brownbuffalo

brownbuffalo Active Member

8. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

we should buy those in a 50 quantity and then we could all get them cheaper :)

9. cmantelope

cmantelope Well-Known Member

I have purchased many different products from monoprice over the years, they provide excellent quality, price & service - I also just ordered several diff lengths for usb and various adapters

CM

10. chicstyle03

chicstyle03 Member

I'd like to buy a usb cable, wall charger and vehicle charger from monoprice. Can anyone direct me to the best black components that have the same stats as the one that came with the phone? I have no idea what the difference is between male and female cables/chargers. Any help would be appreciated! :)

11. FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1 Well-Known Member

12. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i just bought two car usb adapters, two data cables, and two wall usb adapters all for under $12! its all generic cheapo stuff but who cares. all at the site mentioned above monoprice

13. Doc_Stew

Doc_Stew Well-Known Member

armoredsaint likes this.
  14. govee

govee Active Member

In line with keeping cost down. I use an old powered USB hub as an extra ac plug. The phone will charge without the hub being connected to computer.

15. zobie02

zobie02 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I had bought a couple micro USB cables from Best Buy, and all they did was charge the phone. They did not sync data. Does anyone know if these cables from monoprice will sync and transfer data in addition to charging? Thanks!

njperry likes this.
  16. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Watch the USB wall chargers from Monoprice, I ordered two and one is faulty. It charges the phone, but the screen and soft buttons on the front are dead when it is plugged in. When using the other, the phone is fine and it behaves just like when attached to the HTC cable and wart that came with the phone.

I may send it back to monoprice, but at 2.00, it's probably not worth the hassle. I'll just take a USB to micro cable to work and power the phone off of my machine there if needed.

17. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

I'm in on that monoprice buy. Got an adapter and cable.

18. chicstyle03

chicstyle03 Member

Thanks for the help! I placed my order this afternoon.

19. zobie02

Did anyone receive their orders yet? Can someone confirm if the USB cables from monoprice charge AND sync? Thanks a lot.

20. geoffd

I receive my order today and will report back tomorrow

21. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I ordered two of these (6') before from monoprice for my other devices and they both work just fine for charging and sync with the Incredible.

22. zobie02

Thanks man, I'll be waiting. :p

23. brichi

brichi Well-Known Member

I wonder if my old iPhone 3GS charger would work fine, I dont plan on selling the phone so I can use the charger

24. zobie02

It should. I am using my charger for the iphone as an extra wall charger and a car charger. Just plug in the USB cable from my phone to the charger and its all good.

25. jimbiss

jimbiss Active Member

I got 2 usb wall chargers from monoprice and they both make the phone unresponsive like you said. oh well, they will work for other stuff and they were cheap