Micro usb not fitting?Support

Last Updated:

1. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that you must sand, cut, trim the top of the plastic on some micro usb connections in order for them to fit into the Fascinate....I used a sharp knife on a cutting board.

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I have 3 different microusb's and they all fit my SF

3. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

They all fit for me as well.....

4. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Mine fits perfectly, although one of the store models I played with when they first came out had USB issues. Its own charger wouldn't work at all for it, and hijacking the charger of the phone next to it worked - IF I constantly pushed up on it. Perhaps it's just a rare-ish error. Glad you were able to fix it, though.

5. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Some fit for me, others don't. The one's that don't just need the plastic stuff near the plug trimmed down because of the deep-set female connector on the Fascinate. No biggie.

6. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

I found this to be a problem as well. Just picked up a CallPod charger. Nice little device that can charge multiple phones at once.

The problem is that plastic housing was too thick to allow the metal connector to go in far enough to charge the phone. I use an x-acto knife to trim it down. Other cords I have didn't have this problem, but the CallPod uses a small cord that is USB Micro on one side and an even smaller connector on the other end, I wish I could ID that other connector.

I have contacted the CallPod vendor to see what they advise. I'm not happy that I had to cut up a new cord to get it to work.